Legendary guitarist Michael Landau is the latest artist to receive the accolade of a guitar in Fender's Custom Shop Artist series. The Fender Michael Landau 1963 Stratocaster has a unique Fiesta red relic finish which reveals a 3-tone sunburst beneath.
The Fender Custom Shop Landau '63 Strat is authentically based on one of Landau's prized vintage guitars. A custom neck profile and hand-wound pickups mean that this is a uniquely voiced, unique-feeling Strat. A beautiful instrument, crafted with the utmost attention to detail, the Landau Strat has perfect vintage appeal and playability.
Here's what Fender say about the Michael Landau Signature 1963 Strat
World-renowned session ace Michael Landau has played on hundreds of albums since the early 1980s, with artists as varied as Joni Mitchell, Seal, Michael Jackson, James Taylor, B.B. King, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis, to name only a few. He has also fronted several bands, including the Raging Honkies, Burning Water and, more recently, Renegade Creation with Robben Ford. With his own group, he continues to raise the bar in electric jazz, instrumental and rock guitar.
The Fender Custom Shop Artist Collection Michael Landau Signature 1963 Relic Stratocaster is based on Landau’s 1963 Stratocaster, with a hand-selected lightweight alder body, special "custom oval C" neck profile, custom hand-wound pickups and wiring, and a worn Fiesta Red over Three-color Sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Other features include a round-laminated dark rosewood fingerboard with a 7.25" radius and 6105 frets, period-correct small headstock, five-way pickup switching, and custom vintage-style tremolo bridge. The guitar comes with a case, strap and Fender Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
- Model Name: Michael Landau Signature 1963 Relic Stratocaster®, Round-Laminated Rosewood, Fiesta Red over 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 1552400140
- Series: Artist
- Color: Fiesta Red over 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Material: Select Lightweight Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Custom "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat®
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green