The Cali-born Performer Precision is a powerful retro style bass packed with pro quality. Fender have equipped the Performer range to deal with the rough and tumble of touring and years of ownership. Made in the USA, the Performer P bass is kitted out with awesome Yosemite single-coil pickups, designed for rich, expressive tone.
Body and Neck
The American Performer is built using a lightweight Alder body and sturdy Maple neck, cut in a streamlined ‘C’ shape. Players after modern playability combined with classic looks will feel at home on the Performer Precision.
Its 9.5” radius Maple fretboard is a standard Fender appointment. Anyone with experience of playing a similar American-made bass or guitar will recognise its gentle curvature in contrast to the retro aesthetic.
The 20 jumbo frets make for an effortless playing experience.
The Performer comes into its own thanks to the growling Yosemite split coil pickups. Flat, staggered pole pieces increase the output of the Yosemites, while the shellac potting lets the coils breathe and keeps feedback under control. Suitable beyond your standard P bass genres.
Under the hood you’ll find Fender’s Greasebucket tone circuitry. This lets you shape your highs without adding bass using the third knob. The Performer Precision is way more versatile than the original electric bass decades ago.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender® “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Yosemite™ Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls off highs without adding bass)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag