The Silver Jubilee is one of the most popular and desirable amps that Marshall has ever made. Now, not only can you get your hands on the same legendary tone, but also in a much smaller and affordable 20W combo form!
The Silver Jubilee Story
Marshall's Silver Jubilee was originally produced in 1987, to celebrate the company's 25th Anniversary and 50 years of Jim Marshall's presence in the music industry. Sadly, not too many were produced due to the short production run that was limited to just a single year.
Taking inspiration from the original circuit, this UK-made 2525C 20W combo version of the legendary blues/rock amplifier is here with its all-silver tolex and faceplate that keeps the spirit of the original alive!
Even though the classic 100W version has been shrunk down, you still don't lose any functionality. The Marshall Studio Silver Jubilee features the same three-mode preamp system, with Clean/Rhythm, Rhythm Clip and Lead modes each covering their own styles from crystal-clean to all-out aggressive hard rock tones that can pull down walls.
20-watts may not sound like much, but trust us - this amp is very loud! You can easily take it to a small/medium-sized gig and be heard above the rest of the band.
But one of the Studio Silver Jubilee's coolest features is its power reduction switch. Letting you power down from the full 20W to 5W, the lower wattage allows you to drive the tubes harder at quieter volumes so that you can still attain those gnarly, saturated cranked valve amp sounds at bedroom levels.
DI Output & Effects Loop
The Marshall Studio Silver Jubilee is equipped with a DI output, which allows you to plug the amp directly into your recording interface and capture its tones with an emulated mic'd up cab sound. This is what makes the 2525C so versatile and studio-friendly - hence the name!
If you're a stompbox fanatic, the Studio Silver Jubilee can serve as an excellent pedal platform with its dedicated effects loop. Just plug your favourite modulation and time-based pedals in via the loop and enjoy seamless sonic bliss!
- Model: 2525C
- Range: Studio
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 2 (Split)
- Output Wattage: 20w (with power reduction option to 5w)
- Outputs: Speaker outputs: 5 x 1/4" jack sockets (16Ω load / 8Ω load / 4Ω load), DI (1/4" instrument jack)
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" instrument input jack, footswitch
- Controls: Input gain, lead master volume, output master volume, treble, middle, bass, presence
- Effects: None
- Effects Loop: Yes, Send/Return
- Speaker Configuration: 1x12"
- Speaker Model: Celestion G12M-25 (16Ω, 25w)
- Unit Impedance: 16Ω
- Preamp Valves: 2 x ECC83, 1 x ECC83 (phase splitter)
- Power Amp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Footswitch: PEDL-90003 included
- Cable: Detachable power cable included
- Weight: 19 kg / 42 lbs
- Width: 490 mm / 19.3"
- Height: 475 mm / 18.7"
- Depth: 280 mm / 11"