Amongst the guitar elite one man stands out. The only three time inductee to the rock and roll hall of fame and with a career that spans over 50 years, Eric Clapton and his signature strat have helped shape modern music. The Fender Custom Shop Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster lets you bring some of old slowhands tone to your music.
Built to Clapton’s specs, the Custom Shop Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster® guitar features an alder body, special soft V-shaped maple neck, three Vintage Noiseless™ pickups and a blocked tremolo.
Custom Vintage Pickups
Famous for great guitar tones and stunning cleans the pickups in Eric’s strat are designed to be hum free. Noiseless pickups give you great response and articulation without any unwanted distortion of your guitar tone. Whether you’re playing clean or distorted this set will give you stunning clarity, a great place to start building your own signature sound.
Clapton is always at the forefront of his recordings, and his guitar is setup accordingly. With an active mid-boost circuit that gives you plenty of punch you can really cut through the mix.
You may notice the tremolo on this guitar has been blocked off. This is a common practise among guitar players but rarely done by the manufacturer. Clapton believes that a blocked tremolo, rather than a traditional hardtail bridge, gives you better tone and more character. The tremolo has the usual removable arm incase you want to change it back to a traditional tremolo setup.
Fender Custom Artists
The world’s greatest artists have come to the Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. They are able to offer the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen. Each guitar gets the attention of a master craftsman so when you pick up a custom shop guitar you can see the difference.. They are simply flawless.
- Model Name: Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0150082806
- Series: Artist
- Color: Black
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX™ Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB). Mid boost kit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: TBX™ Tone Circuit
- Bridge: Blocked American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge Cover: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tips: White
- Modern Wiring Kit: Includes Modern Wiring Kit
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Special Soft "V" Shape Neck, Blocked Tremolo, Active Mid-Boost Circuit
- Included Accessories: Vintage Tweed Case, Strap, Custom Shop Picks, Certificate of Authenticity
- Picks: Includes 4-Pack of Custom Shop Picks