Fender’s Vintera range embodies everything that put the iconic guitar company on the map. Channelling the mojo of their finest ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s instruments, the Vintera models also boast a surprisingly affordable price point. With the ‘50s Precision Bass, it’s back to the very beginning.
Body & Neck
An Alder body provides the perfect blank tonal canvas, with a Gloss Polyester finish for that old-school automobile sheen. Alder is known for its balanced tone, but with a slightly pronounced upper midrange. Think of the warm, honking basslines of classic Motown records.
A 1-piece Maple neck/fretboard perfectly contrasts the warm mids of the Alder with some added top-end clarity. This gives the Vintera ‘50s P Bass an emphasised attack and ensures that the bass sits nicely in any mix. The Vintage C profile, along with the Gloss Urethane neck finish, provides a clean-cut, classic playing experience.
Hardware & Electronics
Back to basics for the Vintera P Bass – the Vintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil is the pickup of choice. Two simple tone/volume controls allow you to sculpt your sound out of the Alder/Maple combo. But make no mistake; this is the classic P Bass tonal palette through and through.
Nickel and Chrome hardware, Knurled Flat-Top knobs and Fender’s Vintage 4-saddle P Bass bridge complete the picture. The Vintera ‘50s P Bass will take you back to the golden era of guitar making – magic.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body shape: Precision Bass
- Neck material: Maple
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret size: Vintage
- Neck finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck mounting: 4 bolt
- Neck profile: Vintage "C"
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminium
- Truss rod: Vintage-Style
- Tuners: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass