The American Ultra range is Fender’s most advanced series of guitars ever. All the classic style you know and love, refreshed and refined - dazzling new finishes, luscious rolled fingerboards and pristine noiseless pickups.
Always the left field pick, the Jazzmaster is for players after the very best in precision, performance and something a little more unique.
Fender have re-examined their approach to high end construction. Ultra guitars are equipped with a 10”-14” modern ‘D’ compound neck, carefully shaped to suit chords at lower notes and soloing higher up thanks to larger string spacing.
The rolled fingerboard edges make transition up and down the neck a seamless experience, and it’s one less thing to disrupt your playing. Add to that the tapered bolt-on neck heel and you’ll be gliding across the 22 medium-jumbo frets like never before. The fingerboard binding is a classy touch.
We’ve been accustomed to Fender’s Noiseless single coils for a while and they still stand up as some of the most versatile stock pickups available. Now upgraded to Ultra Noiseless, the advanced wiring allows you to position both pickups in series as well as parallel for a greater tonal range - all free from hum.
The Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazzmaster set give you that classic clean and clear Jazzmaster sound but can also get nice and gritty when you turn up the gain, all without losing that single-coil definition.
The hardware on the American Ultra is top quality, as you’d expect. The floating Jazzmaster bridge is an excellent creative tool and absolutely trustworthy combined with the locking tuners. This isn’t just a pretty guitar, it’s a pro grade touring instrument.
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Wood: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazzmaster®
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazzmaster®
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Controls: Volume 1 (S1™ Switch), Volume 2, Master Tone, Slide Switch, Volume Offset 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut: Bone
- Case: Fender Official Hard Case