With omni-directional, cardioid and figure-of-eight patterns, as well as a 10dB cut/boost function, Sontronics ORPHEUS is the perfect choice for practically any studio or live application.
Its low self-noise and unmistakable presence allow you to record the subtlest of instruments or voices without the need to edit afterwards.
The highly sensitive 35mm dual-diaphragm capsule is suspended in its own special mount, almost floating in the large, spherical basket. ORPHEUS's body is cast from zinc alloy, which gives a very low resonance, helping to keep the signal tight and accurate.
Sontronics ORPHEUS is supplied in a luxury, velvet-lined wooden case and really does sound as good as it looks. When used as a room mic or for drum overheads, either on its own or in a pair, ORPHEUS will totally blow your mind!
“ORPHEUS can be used for almost anything. It’s very clear and precise.”
Gary Bromham, Producer/Engineer (Natalie Imbruglia, George Michael, Sheryl Crow)
“ORPHEUS delivers rich lows, tight mids and clear highs. They’re now my first choice!”
Ciaran Byrne, Engineer/Producer (U2, Gabrielle, Elvis Costello)
“The pair of ORPHEUS as overheads on my kit sound fantastic straight out of the box, no need for any EQ. They truly captured the sound of my entire kit perfectly.”
Pete Parada, Drummer for My Chemical Romance & The Offspring
- condenser mic with cardioid, omni and figure-of-eight patterns
- large spherical grille captures extended high frequency for extra definition
- covered by Sontronics LIFETIME WARRANTY
- ideal for sung vocals (especially female), acoustic guitar, room ambience, strings, voiceover and piano
- also fantastic when used in pairs for drum overhead or ambient miking
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa -32dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Pad: -10dB and +10dB
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 125dB
- Power source: Phantom power 48V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR-M
- Supplied with: Angled mount connector, wooden box