Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster
It's been 50 years since the greatest guitarist in the world played an incredible show at the Monterey Pop Festival which he ended by burning his handpainted Stratocaster.
Fender have commemorated this iconic moment by releasing the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Signature Strat. This guitar features the exact same artwork as Jimi's original Strat but it's not just the look that captures the Hendrix Vibe.
Hendrix in Appearance, Hendrix in Sound
The Monterey Strat is reminiscent of a vintage Strat thanks to the 7.25"-radius maple neck with a Pau Ferro fingerboard. The frets are also the slightly smaller vintage frets for a guitar that feels just like the original Hendrix strat. The C-shaped neck comfortably fits the hand and will have you soloing and wailing with ease.
The pickups are clear and articulate and offer those Hendrix-y cleans. But they really shine when you run the guitar through fuzz and overdrive. That's just one of things Hendrix was known for after all!
Vintage in style & substance
Not only does the guitar look like an original 60s Strat but small features like the vintage machine heads, strap buttons and dual-wing string trees bring this guitar together with an elegant touch of class.
Here's what Fender say about the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster
It?s been 50 years since Jimi Hendrix took the world by storm with his incredible Monterey Pop Festival performance, which he concluded with the sacrificial burning of his now-iconic handpainted Stratocaster. Destroyed during the fiery culmination of his set, this one-of-a-kind guitar survived only in photos and film. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of this milestone in music history, we created the limited-edition Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster.
A trio of single-coil Stratocaster pickups give this Strat its classic Fender sound?bell-like and articulate, it has plenty of singing sustain for soloing. The ?C?-shaped maple neck bears a vintage-style 7.25?-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with 21 vintage-sized frets for a playing feel just like the original. The six-screw synchronized tremolo is perfect for unleashing dive-bombs and other sonic expression. Other period-correct touches include the vintage-style tuning machines, strap buttons, trem arm and dual-wing string trees. An homage to Hendrix?s spectacular Strat?right down to the hand-painted nail-polish artwork that burned its way into our memories?and as a special touch we?ve added an exclusive etched Hendrix neck plate.
Carrying on the same free-spirited, psychedelic vibe of the original, and indeed Hendrix himself, the Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster is sure to set your music ablaze.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, ?C? Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 7.25? (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dot (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650? (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5? (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: Printed Monterey Artwork
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching:
- 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and
- Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
8 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 19 February 2018 These items are at our warehouse
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.