The Jazzmaster is notorious for being a rulebreaker. With a sleek offset shape that remains striking to this day, it's known for offering the alternative Fender experience. Squier have unleashed a formidable addition to the Jazzmaster bloodline that's got it all: bold looks, gutsy tone and an affordable price tag. Say hello to the Contemporary Active Jazzmaster HH!
Body & Neck
In a departure from the norm, Squier have opted for a Poplar body. A common alternative to Fender's most commonly used tonewood, Alder, it offers a similarly mid-rich tone with a little extra brightness. For the neck, they've chosen the familiar satin Maple C-shape configuration, offering a snappy response and comfortable playability. Top if off with an Indian Laurel fretboard, and you've got a resonant combination that's perfectly suited to contemporary playing styles - anything from metal to indie!
In keeping with Jazzmaster tradition, the Contemporary Jazzmaster HH STs look every bit as awesome as they sound. The stunning gloss polyurethane finish is used for both the body and the headstock - truly worthy of a double-take.
Electronics & Hardware
Squier have stripped away some of the notoriously complex Jazzmaster bells and whistles, so to speak, opting instead for a no-frills rock 'n' roll approach. A 3-ply black pickguard, 3-position pickup switch, classic black plastic control knobs and slick chrome hardware ooze attitude with retro undertones.
The pickups, however, are arguably the centrepiece here. Two SQR active ceramic humbuckers take the tonewood and hardware configuration and transform it into a formidable, high-output sound. Ceramic pickups are known for their supreme clarity, able to handle the most demanding playing styles. This makes the Active Jazzmaster HH ST brilliantly suited to modern rock and metal, with punchy distorted tones and shimmering cleans in equal measure!
- Series: Contemporary
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Natural Satin with Gloss Matching Headstock
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 21, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Cream Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1 11/16” (43 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Adjustable with Stop Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Pickups: Squier SQR Ceramic Humbuckers (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Black Chrome