Experience retro seventies style with the Squier Classic Vibe ‘70s Jaguar. A true homage to the early days of iconic Fender guitars. Those of you after vintage tone and looks will love what this Jaguar has to offer.
Unlike the originals, the Classic Vibe range is equipped with modern hardware and custom electronics, making this the perfect instrument to see you through your guitar journey.
Body and Neck
A four-screw bolt-on neck connects the poplar body and maple neck – a relatively lightweight yet sturdy combination. You’ll feel right at home on the C-shaped neck profile with an easy playing 9.5” radius. The Mustang uses a 24” scale length, which is extremely comfortable for small hands and great for chords.
The Indian laurel fingerboard evokes true classic vibes and feels smooth underneath the tall and narrow frets. These are a real throwback to early electric guitars, unlike most modern variants equipped with jumbo frets.
Fender are the parent company of Squier and this brings loads of benefits like the superb alnico pickups.
These Fender-designed single coils produce a retro twang great for indie and rock music. Famous players like Johnny Marr favour Jaguars for their sparkling cleans and chime. They’re more aggressive than you might think, and you can lure out a hefty, punchy tone with the help of the circuit switch selector.
The Jaguar utilises a classic floating bridge system for strong bends or smooth tremolo effects. You can get truly creative with your playing. It also features a 1960s inspired large headstock, nickel-plated hardware and a tinted gloss neck finish to get you in the experimental seventies mood.
- Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow-Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Pickguard:4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickups: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil Pickups
- Electronics: Specially-Voiced Rhythm and Lead Circuit Controls
- Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel