Gibson's Generation Collection is a new line of acoustic guitars purpose built for players to hear more of themselves. Building on Gibson's rich history of innovation, the Generation Collection features Gibson's Player Port, a revolutionary design feature that projects the guitar's sound towards the player, enabling them to hear the guitar just as the audience would.
The Gibson Generation Collection G-Writer EC is a square-shouldered cutaway electro acoustic capable of producing a wide range of sounds from gutsy and loud to soft and sweet. A popular choice for rock, pop, folk and country players, the G-Writer EC shines whether you're a fingerpicker of a strummer. Featuring a Sitka Spruce Top and Walnut back and sides, the G-Writer EC has a powerful yet mellow tone with the Ebony fingerboard giving it a pleasant snappiness. Boasting a TUSQ® nut and saddle, along with a set of Grover® Mini Rotomatic® tuners, the G-Writer EC delivers solid tuning stability so you can spend more time playing instead of tuning! The G-Writer EC also comes loaded with an LR Baggs Element Bronze pickup so it is ready to hit the stage or recording studio when you are!
- Gibson Player Port - First introduced by Gibson in 1964, this innovative design feature allows the player to hear the guitar in the same way the audience would. A separate sound hole on the side of the guitar projects the sound towards the player for an improved playing experience.
- Handmade in the USA - Built by the same skilled luthiers who build all Gibson acoustics in Bozeman, Montana.
- Satin Finish - Allows the wood to breathe and project further. It also won't become "sticky" when playing in hot environments.
- Advanced Response Neck Profile - This easy-playing neck profile feels incredibly comfortable up and down the fingerboard. You won't want to put it down!
- Grover Mini Rotomatic Tuners - Maintain excellent tuning stability.
- LR Baggs Element Bronze Pickup - This easy to use, natural sounding pickup beautifully captures the G-Writer EC's natural tone, either on stage or in the studio.
- Includes Gigbag - Take your Generation Collection guitar anywhere and keep it protected from the elements.
- Body Shape: J-45
- Body Material: Walnut
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back: Walnut
- Side: Walnut
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X-bracing
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose
- Material: Utile
- Profile: Advanced Response
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Striped Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: G-Collection Single Bar
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body Joint; Hot Hide Glue
- Finish: Chrome
- Tuner Plating: Chrome
- Bridge: Belly Down, Closed Slot, Striped Ebony
- Saddle Material: TUSQ
- Tuning Machines: Grover Mini Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Walnut Laminate
- Bridge Pins: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs Element Bronze
- Controls: Soundhole Mounted Volume
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Preamp: LR Baggs Element Bronze
- Strings Gauge: .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053
- Case: Gig Bag