Fender has expanded its Acoustasonic series with a brand new model — based on their ever-edgy Jazzmaster shape! Described as the "most versatile Acoustasonic guitar yet", this highly-innovative instrument dishes out iconic acoustic voicings and big, nuanced electric guitar tones — easily controlled via a tactile 'Blend' knob that lets you seamlessly pivot between the two and discover unique hybrid timbres.
Powered by the acclaimed Fender and Fishman-designed acoustic engine found in the Acoustasonic Tele and Strat, the Jazzmaster's Tim Shaw-designed 'Shawbucker' pickup sets it apart from its cousins— delivering more output for fat electric cleans and even blazing overdrive! Offering a new selection of voices too, the sonic possibilities are almost endless with Fender's American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster — the ultimate, all-in-one creative tool.
- Acoustic Engine 3-Pickup System — The Acoustasonic Shawbucker, Fishman Matrix under-saddle piezo and internal body sensor pickup work together to provide a wealth of inspiring tones.
- Voice Selector Switch & Blend Knob — Two simple controls select and blend up to 10 distinct electric/acoustic voices.
- Internal Lithium-Ion Battery — Up to 20 hours of playing time with full battery charge (rechargeable via Micro USB).
- Mahogany Body/Inset Spruce Top — Timeless tonewood combination captures that classic acoustic character and response.
- Jazzmaster Shape — The unique resonance of a larger offset body provides the warmest, most natural acoustic tones.
- Ergonomic Design — Low-profile hollow body and comfortable natural-wood forearm contour makes the Acoustasonic Jazzmaster simply a joy to play.
- Specially-Tuned Soundhole — Patented “waterfall” design controls flow of air into and out of the body for a naturally resonant voice. Serves as the foundation for the Fender/Fishman-designed acoustic engine.
- Satin-Finished Neck — Enhances the modern, "Deep C"-shaped Mahogany neck with a smooth and slippery feel.
- Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge — Dark, luxurious and silky material that adds bundles of top-end brightness.
- Narrow Tall Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Carved Neck Heel — Unhindered access all the way up to the 22nd fret!
- Graph Tech TUSQ Nut — Improves sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.
- Open Pore Finish — Light and thin satin finish leaves the wood pores visible, allowing for maximum resonance of the body and top.
- Made in the USA — Handcrafted in Fender's California factory to first-class standards.
- Deluxe Gig Bag — Rugged, high-quality Fender design guarantees solid instrument protection.
10 Versatile Acoustic/Electric Voices
The Fender American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster offers 5 distinct voice pairs — a curated collection of acoustic and electric sounds that can be played solo, or merged via the dedicated 'Blend' knob to create infinite tonal combinations.
Position 1: Electric
- VOICE 1A: Fender Electric Fat/Semi-Clean — Produces high-powered electric tones via the Tim Shaw-designed humbucking pickup.
- VOICE 1B: Fender Overdriven Electric — Turns up the power to create a booming overdriven tone that’s sure to melt the paint off the walls!
Position 2: Acoustic & Electric Blend
- VOICE 2A: Lo-Fi Piezo — A cool lo-fi sound produced only by the piezo pickup and the Jazzmaster’s unique body resonance.
- VOICE 2B: Lo-Fi Piezo Crunch — A thin-body acoustic pushed through an electric amp for one-of-a-kind overdriven sounds.
Position 3: Percussion & Advanced Harmonics
- VOICE 3A: Rosewood Auditorium — Tighter and brighter for a more modern hi-fi sound, with a detailed mid-range that sits beautifully in a mix.
- VOICE 3B: Body Sensor Pickup — Creates a percussive top, perfect for a solo looping performance. Plus enhanced harmonics that pop!
Position 4: Alternative Acoustics
- VOICE 4A: Mahogany Jumbo – Loud and airy, perfect for heavy responsive strumming to accompany vocals and other instruments.
- VOICE 4B: All-Mahogany Small Body – Articulate, warm and focused tone that lends itself to fingerpicking and arpeggiated chords.
Position 5: Core Acoustics
- VOICE 5A: Rosewood Dreadnought – Warm and precise across the frequency spectrum, with complex overtones.
- VOICE 5B: Mahogany Slope Shoulder – A dry, earthy and organic sound. Great for Americana-style flat-picking.
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Top: Spruce
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Body Shape: Modified Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Acoustic Engine 3-Pickup System: Acoustasonic Shawbucker, Fishman Matrix Undersaddle Piezo Pickup and Internal Body Sensor Pickup
- Power: Internal Lithium-Ion Battery
- Controls: Master Volume, "Mod" Blend Knob, 5-Way Voice Selector Switch
- Bridge: Ebony Modern Asymmetrical
- Control Knobs: Ebony
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (.011-.052 Gauges)
- Case: 1225 Deluxe Gig Bag