The Julia simply oozes class like all Duesenberg guitars do. Though its looks may be slightly more outlandish than what you might be used to, there's no denying that Julia will catch attention wherever you go.
It has a short Duesenberg Tremola which has the smoothest bigsby action you could ask for in a guitar. This, combined with the clear bridge humbucker and powerful P90 gives you an alternative guitar made for crystal clear arpeggios, open chords and sweet singing lead lines.
Every part of every Duesenberg guitar is designed and built in-house and Duesy are highly regarded for their quality workmanship. You know you're getting a beautifully constructed instrument every time you pick one up.
Here's what Duesenberg say about the Julia
Julia is a chambered solidbody, two pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring a mahogany body, short Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremola and a set neck with a 648mm scale.
Julia is for those who seek style, artistic freedom, a fresh approach and great sound quality. The two pickup layout featuring our own Domino P90 and Split/King dual-coil offer a unique variety of sounds.
While the Domino P90 at the neck is rough and creamy, the Split/King delivers authentic singlecoil and humbucker sounds due to its innovative coil concept. Additionally, Julia has a DirectOut switch, which routes the bridge pickup´s signal directly to the output - for untamed straightforwardness and dynamics. All of that is topped off by a design that radiates the pure elegance of 50‘s and 60‘s Italian instruments.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Duesenberg Wing
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Type: Solid mahogany with sound chambers
- Top: Maple, flat
- Size: 45 x 33.8 cm / 17.7" x 13.3"
- Height (sides): 3.9 cm / 1.5"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Aged White (Narvik Blue finish)
- Crystaloid (Black finish)
- Finish: PUR lacquer.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle radius bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90 (Trapeze Cover)
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Split/King Dual-Coil (Trapeze Cover)
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Switches: 1x bridge pickup split, 1x bridge pickup direct out