The Eric Clapton Stratocaster has been one of Fender's most enduring signature electric guitars. Made to meet the standards of "Slowhand" himself, the peerless Fender Eric Clapton Strat follows the traditional '50s blueprint but is outfitted with a number of modern features.
Key appointments include a trio of Fender's Vintage Noiseless pickups, an innovative TBX tone control and the infamous active mid-boost circuit - exclusive to the Eric Clapton Signature Strat. The result is a unique Stratocaster with more versatility than almost any other model in Fender's huge electric guitar lineup.
The elegant Eric Clapton Strat features the customary Alder body/Maple neck construction that so many of Fender's instruments adhere to. While the balanced-sounding Alder body serves as a fantastic tonal foundation for the triple threat of single-coils, the Maple neck gives this instrument a definitive snap and plenty of upper mid-range clarity.
Soft "V" Neck Shape
A signature element of the Fender Eric Clapton that many fans adore is its "Soft V" neck profile. Offering optimal support for your thumb when fretting chords, the "V" shape is subtle enough to allow for effortless lead lines in the higher register - especially with the neck's smooth satin finish.
Noiseless Single-Coil Pickups
Another unique feature of the Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster is its trifecta of Noiseless single-coils. These popular pickups are designed to deliver that unmistakable Strat sound without producing any of the annoying hum that can often afflict older, vintage-style Fender single-coils. Making this guitar more than adequate for use with overdrive and even distortion; these pickups are a fantastic ergonomic feature.
Active Mid-Boost Circuit
The Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster is unique for its active built-in boost circuit that adds up to 25dB of additional mid-range. Crank it up for when you want your solos to cut through in a mix, or to accentuate certain licks when inspiration strikes. The TBX master tone control is another idiosyncratic feature, which you can use to decrease or increase treble frequencies whenever necessary.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Vintage Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: 6-in-Line American Vintage
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Special Soft "V" Shape Neck, Blocked Tremolo, Active Mid-Boost Circuit
- Included Accessories: Vintage Tweed Case, Strap, Cable