The Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI is a faithful tribute to the secret weapon of producers and experimental players that have dared to explore it since its original production from 1961 to 1975. Tuned an octave lower than a guitar and featuring a vintage-style tremolo, the Bass VI is the perfect companion to accompany any guitar or bass player into uncharted sonic territory!
Boasting a gorgeous shell pink finish with a matching headstock, vibrant-sounding single-coil pickups, a player-friendly "C"-shaped neck with a 9.5" fingerboard radius, a 30" scale and nickel-plated hardware — this peculiar instrument will inspire you with its unconventional yet intriguing design.
- Poplar Body — Lightweight material with a balanced sound; the perfect tonal foundation for the pickups.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces a snappy note response for an immediate playing experience.
- 30" Scale Length — Same dimensions of most "short-scale" basses. The perfect middle ground between typical electric and bass guitar scale lengths, offering loose and highly-playable string tension.
- "C"-Shaped Neck — Slim profile provides comfortable playability, suitable for both traditional and contemporary players.
- Vintage-Tint Gloss Neck Finish — Gives the guitar an aged look reminiscent of true '70s instruments.
- Narrow Tall Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Fender-Designed Alnico Pickups — Three single-coils deliver the clear, bell-like sounds synonymous with Fender guitars. Extensive pickup switching circuitry expands the tonal palette too!
- Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo — Embellish chords and lead lines with smooth, expressive vibrato.
- Bone Nut — Classic, low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Vintage-Style Tuners — High-quality, old-school tuning machines allow for precise string pitching.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Bass VI
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30” (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Bridge Pickup: Fender-Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Fender-Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender-Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-On/Off Slide Switches (One for Each Pickup)
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.024-.084, Gauges)