The Sontronics STC-3X PACK is an all-in-one mic and accessories package and the ideal solution for achieving professional-quality recordings at home or in the studio.
Sontronics’ British-designed STC-3X multi-pattern condenser microphone features the three most commonly used polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight – selectable using a switch on the rear of the mic. It boasts a dual one-inch, gold-sputtered diaphragm housed in a large, open grille and its filter and pad controls make it a versatile, flexible workhorse in any recording situation.
The STC-3X gives stunning results on everything from male and female vocals to acoustic guitar, piano, percussion and other acoustic instruments. It also works extremely well on spoken word, making it a great option for voiceover, broadcast and podcast.
In omni mode, STC-3X is fantastic for room and overhead miking, and also for ensemble recording (vocals, choral, instrumental, orchestral). In figure-of-eight mode, it is perfect for stringed instruments and for stereo miking applications.
Included in this Pack
- The Sontronics STC-3X in black
- a spider-style shockmount (with spare elastics)
- a professional-quality, nylon-mesh popshield
- a 5-metre female-to-male XLR cable
- a vinyl, leather-look, zip-up microphone pouch
Like all of the Sontronics mics, the STC-3X mic is protected by Sontronics Free Lifetime Warranty (simply activate online) and also comes with a FREE download of Toontrack’s EZMix 2 Lite.
What Sontronics Say about the STC-3X Pack
Our Sontronics STC-3X PACK is an all-in-one microphone and accessories package, together representing the ideal solution for achieving professional-quality recordings at home or in the studio.
Our British-designed STC-3X microphone is a multi-pattern condenser featuring the three most commonly used polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-of-eight. These are selectable using a simple switch on the rear of the mic.
The STC-3X boasts a dual one-inch, gold-sputtered diaphragm housed in a large, open grille and its filter and pad controls make it a versatile, flexible workhorse in any recording situation.
In fact, thanks to its three-stage pad and three-stage filter as well as its three polar patterns and bundled accessories, the Sontronics STC-3X mic is a best-seller into education (see below left for just a small list of schools and colleges using and enjoying it).
The STC-3X gives stunning results on everything from male and female vocals to acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, saxophone and other acoustic instruments. It also works extremely well on spoken word, making this a great set-up-and-go option for voiceover, broadcast and podcast. All you need is an interface and some headphones!
Users tell us that the Sontronics STC-3X gives impressive results on amplified sources such as guitar amps, bass cabs and re-amping monitor outputs, while in omni mode, STC-3X is fantastic for room and overhead miking as well as ensemble recording (backing vocals, choral, instrumental, orchestral or rock band!).
In figure-of-eight mode, STC-3X is perfect for stringing instruments, for head-to-head interview or even rapping, as well as for X-Y or mid-side stereo miking applications.
Whatever you do with your STC-3X Pack, it'll make you feel and sound like a professional without breaking the bank!
“Our STC-3X mics have taken over… their amazing clarity, balance and supreme versatility make everything else in the studio redundant!”
JAMES HORWOOD, Soundlab Studios
"We include the STC-3X in blind tests on our recording workshops and it's amazing how this mic almost always gets chosen as the listeners' favourite, even when it's up against mics five times the price!"
Mike Charters, Showreel Studios
"It records beautifully for voice, piano, guitar, percussion and even for room miking. It just sounds fantastic and it's so versatile too"
Sam Hughes, Voiceover artist
- condenser mic with three patterns: cardioid, omni and figure-of-eight
- available in black or silver
- 0, -10dB, -20dB attenuation pad
- linear, 75Hz, 150Hz filter
- all-in-one recording package includes mic plus shockmount, popshield, 5m XLR cable and zip-up pouch
- STC-3X microphone covered by Sontronics LIFETIME WARRANTY
- ideal for vocals, acoustic guitar & other instruments, piano, drum overheads, ensemble, choir, strings and more
- also fantastic for spoken word, broadcast, interview and podcast
- Polar patterns: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz, 150Hz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa -37dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 125dB
- Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR (cable included)
- Colour: Silver or black
- Supplied with: STC-3X microphone, shockmount, popshield, 5m XLR cable, zip-up pouch