Pete Dee, guitarist of British punk band 'The Adicts', has teamed up with Schecter to design his very own signature PT model. Based on the classic T-shape, this stunning guitar features a classy bound body, Bigsby tremolo system and flexible electronics - for precise tone-shaping.
The Pete Dee Signature PT is constructed from a traditional Alder body, serving as an excellent tonal foundation for the pickups. Balanced and resonant, this popular tonewood is also known for its strong mid-range, allowing punky power chords to really pop in a band mix.
The PT's body is paired with a bolt-on Maple neck. Guaranteeing a snappy response and bright top-end, this neck material and construction gives notes excellent attack and clarity too. Adorned with a beautiful Rosewood fingerboard, this sleek material is super-smooth under the fingers.
Electronics & Hardware
When it comes to electronics and hardware, the Schecter Pete Dee PT has an equal share of old and new appointments. While the Bigsby Flat Top B50 tremolo projects an old-school aesthetic, the Schecter locking tuners are definitely a more modern, ergonomic touch.
The Pete Dee Signature PT is fitted with Schecter's Diamond SuperRock Custom Alnico bridge humbucker. Plenty-potent, this pickup is gnarly and saturated with overdrive, but cleans up nicely when you roll back the volume control.
In the neck position you'll find the Duncan-Designed FG-101N, a Filtertron-style pickup that dishes out a vintage, jangly tone. Excellent for clean sounds in particular, both pickups can be tamed via their independent volume and tone controls, with the latter hiding a push-pull function that splits their coils.
- Model Name: Pete Dee PT
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Inlays: Adicts Custom Design
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 22 Medium
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Alder
- Binding: White 1-ply
- Bridge: Bigsby Flat Top B50 w/ Roller TOM
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone(Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond SuperRock Custom Alnico
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed FG-101N
- Knobs: Grip Tip Speed Knob
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)