This incredibly discrete clip on tuner from Planet Wave is the sort of tuner you can leave on your headstock all the time and benefit from being able to tell at a quick glance if you're in tune or not.
Here's what Planet Waves say about the NS Mini Headstock Tuner
Powered by the latest version of the highly praised Planet Waves tuning software, the NS Mini offers improved accuracy, fast response and adjustable calibration between 430 Hz and 450 Hz while the highly sensitive piezo transducer and Multi-Color backlit display allow for smooth and highly accurate tuning in noisy, dim or well-lit environments. The miniscule design and reversible screen allow the tuner to hide effortlessly behind or mount on the front side of the headstock while permitting the tuner to remain clamped to the instrument inside most cases when stored. A 360 degree swivel mechanism and adjustable padded clamp, offers optimal viewing angles and maximum positioning flexibility. As a result, the NS Mini is equally at home on left and right-handed instruments as well as on small and large headstocks, making it the ideal choice for the widest variety of players and instruments. The NS Mini also features an easy-to-read color changing backlit display which is powered by a readily available CR2032 battery (included). Maximum battery life is provided by the auto-off function, shutting the tuner off automatically after several minutes of no signal. Enjoy effortless and inconspicuous tuning at a great value with the NS Mini Headstock Tuner. Designed in Conjunction with Ned Steinberger.
- Improved software for faster response and improved accuracy
- Reversible screen allows mounting in front or behind the headstock
- Tri-color backlit LCD screen makes it easy to tune in dark environments
- Built-in piezo transducer picks up instrument’s vibration rather than sound
- Compact design blends into the aesthetics of instrument while adding considerably less weight than other headstock tuners
- Tunes acoustic and electric guitars, basses, mandolins, banjos and other stringed instruments