N.B. We recommend using a boss power supply (PSA230 or PSA240) with this item. Please add one to your basket from the "related items" section on this page.
With an incredible 3 hours of looping time, the Boss RC-3 is Boss' most fully- featured compact loop station so far. Squeezing all the best features of their larger loop stations into a pedal that will slide into your gig bag at the end of each gig is no mean feat, but Boss have achieved it with a intuitive user interface making looping, and especially live sound on sound looping, easy for any musician.Guitarists, bassists, keyboardists - in fact, all kinds of musicians - can use the RC-3 Looper and introduce another dimension into their live performances.
Here's what Boss say about the RC3 Loopstation
3-Hours of Stereo Recording in a Stomp box
The RC-3 is powerfully equipped yet conveniently housed in a compact pedal. Enjoy up to three hours of stereo recording time, storage for 99 loops, a "real drums" rhythm guide, and USB 2.0 compatibility all in a small BOSS stomp box!
- Compact and powerful stereo stomp box looper
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memories for storing loops
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on a single 9-volt battery or optional AC power supply
The RC-3 provides three hours of stereo recording capacity direct to internal memory. Now you can record long phrases without worrying about memory. 99 memory locations let you save as many phrases or ideas as you can create. Guitarists who want to incorporate external stereo effects devices will appreciate the true stereo I/O on the RC-3.
The Auto Recording feature starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit with three hours of recording time!
To keep your loops tight and in time, you can play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-3's on-board library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo incrementally or via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-3 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-3 recordings to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-3. The RC-3 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
In addition to recording your guitar or bass performances and turning them into playable loops, you can also record other external stereo audio sources via the RC-3's AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player connected to the AUX input, for example, can easily be recorded and made into a loop.
|Boss RC1||Boss RC3||Boss RC30||Boss RC300|
|Loop Time||12 Minutes||3 Hours||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|# of Loops||1||1||2||3|
|Built In Effects||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|# Of Pedals||1||1||2||8+Expression|
|Loop Storage||No||99 Slots||99 Slots||99 Slots + Prerecorded Tracks|
|Best For||If you are getting started with looping that just want to work on one track at a time.||If you want something simple but with lots of space to store ideas and backing tracks.||If you need a bit more control over their sound in the moment and want to call multiple loops or use with a mic||If you want the maximum amount of control and to never feel limited by what you can do with your looper|
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -20 dBu; AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT: 1 M ohm; AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
- Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
- Number of tracks: 1
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Hi-Hat, Kick & Hi-Hat, Rock 1, Rock 2, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R & B, Latin, Percussion
- Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- Pedal switch
- LOOP OUTPUT knob
- RHYTHM OUTPUT knob
- DOWN button
- UP button
- WRITE button
- RHYTHM ON/OFF button
- TAP TEMPO button
- REC, PLAY (DUB) indicator
- 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- INPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- INPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- OUTPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- STOP/MEMORY SHIFT Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type
- USB Connector
- DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- DC 9 V: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw: 70 mA (DC 9 V)