The Starplayer III hearkens back to Duesenberg's roots, taking on the aesthetics of its earliest iteration of the Starplayer. Instead of the carved top that most people will be accustomed to, the Starplayer III has a more straightforward design, with a flat top and back.
Perhaps appealing more to contemporary players, the Starplayer III still boasts the stunning build quality you'd come to expect from the German company. This Tremola-loaded, semi-hollow, vintage-inspired instrument is a true work-of-art.
The Duesenberg Sound
The Starplayer III has a unique sound that you can't really get from another electric guitar. This can be attributed to its acoustic-inspired tonewoods, featuring a laminated Spruce top with laminated Flamed Maple back and sides. This combination of materials not only allows the Duesenberg Starplayer III to sound open and vibrant when unplugged, but it also gives you a unique tone that works wonderfully with any clean or crunchy amp settings.
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. The Maple adds some bright top-end snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming, vintage-style guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Starplayer III most notably features Duesenberg's ultra-smooth Deluxe Tremola. This elegant system is very Bigsby-esque, and allows you to change strings far more easily. The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning rock solid while also easing the string-changing process. No more sharp string ends poking out!
Iconic Duesenberg Pickups
Most Duesenbergs come equipped with a custom humbucker in the bridge position and a P90 in the neck. The Starplayer III is no exception. These award-winning pickups are synonymous with blues, rock and country, regarded for their clarity and precision. The GrandVintage humbucker and Domino P90 make for a perfect pairing, versatile enough for the aforementioned genres and more.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce, flat
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple, flat back
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.38"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Black & gold
- Finish: PUR lacquer (polyester used on sparkle tops). Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)