The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
This is the bass that started it all. The '50s Precision is a gorgeously vintage instrument packing thunderous tone and old school feel.
In the build department, the '50s P bass deviates very little from the classic formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and fingerboard packing 20 tall frets.
The thick “C” shape neck fills the satisfyingly fills the hand while its 9.5” radius fretboard is easy to navigate. It's all about the playability, with next to nothing impeding your hand movement.
With one pickup driving the tone forward, it had better be good. And it certainly is. The Pure Vintage '58 Split single coil is warm and all-encompassing in tone, able to hold down rhythm space with aplomb.
- Series: American Original
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Aztec Gold
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Thick "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '58 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top