Squier are known worldwide for producing more affordable versions of legendary Fender instruments; the Squier Affinity Jazz bass continues that tradition, resulting in a bass with an iconic look and sound, available at a price point that won't break the bank. So, if you're a beginner, or working with a budget, and are looking for an entry-point into the exciting world of the bass guitar, then this is the series for you.
A sleek and lightweight poplar body forms the backbone of the bass. It's augmented by a comfortable, thin C-shaped maple neck. Both contribute to a player-friendly experience, whether you're practicing at home, recording in the studio, or performing live.
Precise, effortless tuning is assured too thanks to the vintage-influenced open-gear tuning machines. When you're just starting out, you want to focus on what matters: playing. They allow you to do just that - delivering longer lasting tuning across the board.
The bass is equipped with a couple of Squier single-coil J bass pickups. They generate a versatile selection of tones that can be applied to a multitude of different genres and playing styles.
- Colour: Burgundy Mist
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)