Fender Made in Japan bass guitars are a real treat here at Andertons and are rarely found throughout Europe. They are very much sold on a first come, first serve basis. Make sure you're not the one to miss out!
The Japanese Jazz bass captures old school style in abundance thanks to its high class construction and awesome Custom Shop pickups.
Classic Fender construction applies in Asia as it does with American-made models. The body is made of an extravagant two-piece ash in a nitro lacquer, allowing your instrument to age like a real vintage bass. The maple neck here is topped with a comfortable 9.5-inch radius rosewood fretboard.
The modern "C" shape neck is a natural progression of Fender's old school specs - a firm favourite of many a bassist covering all playing styles. Narrow tall frets feature both here and on the American Professional range, further proving the high level of quality found amongst Japanese-made guitars.
Fender's Japanese builders have really pushed the boat out in the tone department. This MIJ Jazz bass serves up serious midrange punch over the two Custom Shop '60s single coil pickups. They're overwound for a crisp, high output clarity and renowned Jazz snarl.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Color: Natural
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Custom '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: Red Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass