Here's what Fender say about the FA-450CE:
Not just another pretty bass, the inspiring and surprisingly versatile FA-450CE makes it easy to take killer Fender bass tone and feel anywhere you go. For amplified performances.
The onboard Fishman preamp system offers crystal-clear sound along with volume, bass and treble controls to precisely shape your tone. The luxurious flame maple top enhances articulation, lending a crisp attack to the mahogany back and sides’ rich, warm voice.
The “Modern C”-shaped neck bears a 9.5”-radius fingerboard which works well for almost any playing style. Cream binding, a modern 2x2 headstock, classic Viking bridge and ‘keystone’ rosette complete the appointments, adding an elegant touch to the instrument’s visual appeal.
- Shape: Jumbo Cutaway
- Body Top: Flame Maple
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Rosette: FA “Keystone” design
- Neck: Nato
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Keystone Standard
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Open-Back Geared
- Scale Length: 32” (812 mm)
- Bridge: Indian Laurel
- Controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings:Fender® Phosphor Bronze Bass (.045-.100 Gauges)