TC Electronic AmpWorx Vintage Series JIMS 45 Preamp Pedal
The huge, saturated sound of a mid-'60s "black & gold" valve amp in an affordable & compact package! Features 2 channels, built-in pre/post boost, official Celestion cab sim IR & DI/headphone outputs.
The TC Electronic AmpWorx Vintage Series JIMS 45 is a dual-channel guitar preamp pedal. It faithfully recreates the sound of a legendary mid-'60s British "black and gold" valve amplifer, but in a convenient and compact stompbox with independent channel controls, foot-switchable pre/post boost, official Celestion cab sim IR, and dedicated DI/headphone outputs.
The original tube-powered monster that the JIMS 45 pedal is based on is an absolute classic, famously used on-stage by the late Jimi Hendrix. A true sonic pioneer, Jimi defined the sound of guitar-driven rock with his maxed-out Marshall turned all the way up to eleven! And now, you can now get your hands — and feet — on this massive guitar sound in a far more portable package, and at an affordable price-point to boot.
- Faithfully emulates the tone, touch and feel of a 1965 JTM45 tube amp.
- Two channels with independent gain, volume and EQ controls for classic British rock and blues tones. The 'Green' mode models the original circuit with the master volume set at 12 o'clock after the tonestack, while the 'Red' channel replicates the original amp's stock circuit — which didn't have a master volume control.
- Independent gain controls for 'Normal' and 'High' inputs, just like the real amp with a jumper cable.
- Integrated booster activates 5dB of extra boost at the kick of a footswitch, with switchable pre/post option on the back panel.
- The pre boost is dialled in to drive the amp model harder, and adds a distinct mid hump like a classic "green" overdrive pedal. The post boost setting adds volume without changing your core sound — it just makes it louder!
- Dedicated DI output, equipped with an official Celestion 4x12" G12M Creamback cab sim IR, turns your pedalboard into a gig-ready rig that you can plug directly into PA system or audio interface for recording.
- Headphone output equipped with the very same Celestion cab sim IR, for huge tube amp tones straight to your ears. No more annoying the neighbours!
- A set-it-and-forget-it master 'Presence' control on the rear panel allows you to tailor your preamp and compensate for darker or brighter rigs and rooms.
- An optional bypass mode can be activated by pressing the 'Boost' and 'Channel' footswitches at the same time. This allows you to punch the pedal in whenever you want, if you're using it like a standard stompbox into a guitar amp.
- Groundbreaking TC AmpWorx modelling technology provides low-latency, huge dynamic range and feels just like the real deal.
- Perfect, pedalboard-friendly pedal platform takes overdrives like a champ!
- Designed and engineered in Denmark.
- Voltage: 9V
- Current Draw: 300mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.3 x 13.6 x 5.1 cm
- Weight: 0.53 kg
Mr Sven Onnasch11th Jan 2024
Trusted Customer22nd Dec 2023
Mr Kirt Bowers15th Dec 2023
Terry McHugh6th Sep 2023
Mr Guy Ripley3rd Sep 2023
Mr Brian McCosh13th Aug 2023
Trusted Customer2nd Aug 2023
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+