The Rodecaster Pro from Rode is essentially a podcast studio you can fit in your backpack! The Rodecaster Pro is intuitive enough for beginners to use, but more experienced podcasters will enjoy the uncompromising features and portability making it perfect for podcasting on the go.
New free 2.1 firmware update
- Granular control over processing parameters: Users can now tweak all parameters of the Rodecaster Pro’s compressor, noise gate, de-esser, APHEX Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™, and high-pass filter. For users who prefer the simplicity of the RØDECaster Pro’s original processing controls, the advanced editor can be turned off.
- Master bus compressor: As well as the individual channel compressors, the Rodecaster Pro now features a compressor on the master output.
- Broadcast-style level metering: Users now have the option to add precise dBFS markers to the level meters on the home and record screen for greater control over recording levels.
- Sound pad overdubbing: Audio that has been loaded onto the sound pads can now be overdubbed infinitely, allowing users to create layered sounds, record VOs over music, create custom ad rolls and more.
- Post-fader multitrack recording: When recording in multitrack mode, users now have the option to record post-fader, meaning all processing, effects and level settings will be recorded in the Rodecaster Pro’s output.
- Improved podcast export processing: When transferring podcasts to a computer, users now have the option to format their files for all major podcast platforms. WAV file exporting has also been improved.
- Updated Companion App: Users can also tweak all processing parameters in real-time from within the Companion App; the Firmware Updater also now lives within the Companion app.
The Rodecaster Pro has four microphone channels powerful enough for dynamic microphones or studio condenser microphones which means you won't have to compromise on sound quality when you're on the road. You can also jump right into recording with one-touch recording to microSD and automatic level setting.
The Rodecaster Pro can record direct to microSD card, or can be connected to a computer via USB and used as a USB audio interface with your chosen recording software. And if you ever want to start doing live shows the Rodecaster Pro is right there with you thanks to its live streaming capability.
The Rodecaster was designed with specifically podcasting in mind and you can tell thanks to some handy features that'll take your podcasting to the next level in terms of professionalism. The Rodecaster Pro has an intuitive interface for adding various sounds to your podcast either through direct recording or simply dragging and dropping files from your computer. Whether its sound effects, music, or ads you can simply activate these sounds using the handy colour-programmable pads.
The Rodecaster Pro can connect to your phone via Bluetooth so you can have a guest phone in to the podcast. You also won't have to worry about the caller hearing any echo thanks to the automatic "mix-minus" audio
Crystal Clear Sound
The Rodecaster Pro features Class A, servo-biased preamps which are perfect for keeping the voices on your podcast crisp and clear as they provide a low-noise signal with low distortion levels. The Rodecaster Pro also features APHEX audio processors, the Aural Exicter and the Big Bottom, in the audio processing section. These processors help the Rodcaster Pro provide that warm, studio-like sound in a small unit.
Please note: This product does not work with Windows 7.