Marshall The Guv'nor Reissue Overdrive Pedal
The classic returns! A meticulous reproduction of Marshall's iconic late '80s drive pedal renowned for its versatility.
Released in 1988 and named after Jim Marshall himself, the original The Guv'nor pedal was the first stompbox that squeezed Marshall's "big black box" sound into a little black box! Setting the standard for distortion, The Guv'nor was adored for providing a smooth overdriven sound with a touch of musical compression, all the way to a cranked and heavy amp-style gain tone. Fast-forward to the present day, and this Vintage Reissue is here to do it all over again!
The Marshall Reissue edition of The Guv'nor faithfully captures the classic sound of the original pedal and comes housed in a casing that's accurately modelled on the original, from the unique shape right down to the individually-coloured control knobs. Everything has been painstakingly reproduced in the same factory that has been building Marshall amplifiers for more than sixty years. All that's missing are the stories you collect over 30+ years of use, but that's where you come in!
- Faithful recreation of one of Marshall's most iconic pedals.
- Exact same circuitry and components as the original stompbox (apart from pots and jack sockets).
- Robust, mild steel enclosure in the classic shape with old-school colour scheme.
- All-analogue design yields rich, responsive and organic drive tones.
- Standard 9V requirements and low current draw allows the unit to be powered by most conventional pedal power supplies.
- Ergonomic top-mounted jacks conveniently save space on tight pedalboards.
- Wired and assembled by hand in the UK.
- Connectors: 1/4" jack input, 1/4" jack output, Y-insert send/return loop for adding effects post EQ (Y-insert cable not included)
- Controls: Gain, bass, middle, treble & level
- Power Requirements: 9V battery or 9V DC power adaptor (not included)
- Current Draw: 6mA
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Output Impedance: 50kΩ
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 112 x 132 x 61 mm
- Weight: 0.8kg (without battery)
Trusted Customer14th Jan 2024
Mr Thomas Peyrebesse29th Oct 2023
Trusted Customer7th Oct 2023
Trusted Customer8th Aug 2023
Mr Oliver Coomber25th Jul 2023
Trusted Customer28th May 2023
Trusted Customer27th May 2023
Trusted Customer25th May 2023
Paul24th May 2023
Trusted Customer21st Mar 2023
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+