SSL are something of a household name in the music industry. Their iconic consoles have recorded some of the biggest records of the 20th and 21st centuries – quite an achievement.
The Fusion from Solid State Logic combines the company’s rich heritage and world-class engineering experience with cutting-edge technology. The result is a contemporary piece of studio outboard kit that works wonders for mixing, mastering and everything in between.
- A master processor with 5 new SSL analog color circuits
- Vintage Drive saturation circuit for vintage sweet spot
- Violet 2-band EQ offering instant low-end weight and gorgeous high-end air
- HF Compressor optimized for smoothing out high-end response
- Built-in M-S circuit for wider mixes with increased depth
- SSL Transformer introduces subtle low-frequency harmonics and top-end sparkle
- 3rd-order HPF (high-pass filter) to eliminate unwanted low end
- SuperAnalogue center-indented Input and output trim controls for gain staging
- Individual Bypass switches for each circuit to easily compare sounds
- Master Bypass switch with two modes of operation
- Master LED meter with 3-second peak hold segments switches
- Input clipping O/L LEDs that are triggered at +27dBu
- Balanced XLR I/O throughout for professional studio integration
- Enhanced dot-dash screening around controls for clarity and easy recall
- Adjustable front-panel meter/switch brightness for personal preference
Here’s what SSL say:
Fusion is an all-analogue 2U stereo outboard processor created for the modern hybrid studio. Fusion introduces five completely new analogue colouration tools designed to bring the perfect combination of added tonal character, weight and space to your mix bus or stereo stems, with the detail, warmth and finesse that only real analogue circuits can provide.
The SSL sonic legacy is built upon a much-emulated collection of analogue audio processing tools that have featured in generations of studio consoles; pristine mic pres, classic Channel EQ & Dynamics, the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, the Listen Mic Compressor, and the unique SSL summing bus. Fusion takes SSL into a new era with the introduction of a suite of new analogue processing tools that offer exceptional tonal character and versatility. Fusion expands the processing palette for hybrid studio owners and is a superb partner for the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
- Processor Type: SSL Analog Coloration
- Number of Channels: Stereo
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR (main L/R), 2 x XLR (insert return)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR (main L/R), 2 x XLR (insert send)
- EQ: Low Semi-parametric, High Semi-parametric, High Pass Filter
- Features: Vintage Drive, Stereo Enhancer, Mid-Side circuit, HF Compressor
- Rack Spaces: 2U