The Yamaha HS7 is now available in a limited edition Space Grey finish! The HS7 Active Montior is perfect for use in small to medium rooms or home studios where a more controlled volume is preferable to keep the room acoustics from having too much effect on the sound. There's still plenty of power available but with great control too!
Here's What Yamaha Say About the HS Series Monitors
Ever since the 1970's the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha's nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason - their accuracy. Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha's speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business. The second generation HS Series also adds a new 6.5" model to the lineup, bringing its exceptional accuracy to an even greater variety of recording environments.
- Newly Developed Transducers - The HS Series features newly developed transducers that achieve astonishingly smooth response over a wide range of bandwidth.
- High Performance Amp Unit - HS Series speakers employ an amplifier unit perfectly matched to the transducers utilized in each model of the series.
- Low Resonance Enclosure Design - HS Series cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit.
- Cutting Edge Noise Reduction Technology - Often a vortex at the either end of the port can generate air vibrations inside of the port, causing unwanted noise. By adopting an advanced noise reduction technology that incorporates a thorough analysis of a visual representation of the sound, Yamaha's engineers are able to control and reduce the vortex.
- Controls and Connectivity - HS Series full-range models feature two response controls with detailed settings that allow them to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size.
- Speaker Type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 43Hz - 30kHz
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 55Hz - 24kHz
- Components: LF - 6.5" cone; HF - 1" dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output Power: 95W (LF:60W, HF:35W)
- Input Sensitivity: -10 dBu/10k ohms
- I/O Connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Indicators: Power ON (White LED)
- Power Consumption: 55W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet Material: MDF
- Others: LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
Weight and Dimensions
- Width: 210mm (8-1/4")
- Height: 332mm (13-1/16")
- Depth: 284mm (11-3/16")
- Net Weight: 8.2kg (18.1 lbs.)