SSL are something of a household name in the music industry. Their iconic consoles have recorded some of the biggest records of the 20th and 21st centuries – quite an achievement.
The Sigma Delta from Solid State Logic combines the company’s rich heritage and world-class engineering experience with cutting-edge technology. The result is a studio mixing solution that retains their big-desk sound and functionality while allowing total integration with the DAW workflow.
- Works with major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo and Ableton Live
- Eucon enabled control of Sigma Delta plug-ins via control surfaces such as Avid S3, S6 and Artist series or the Pro Tools Control app
- 16 flexible channels individually switchable between stereo or mono for up to 32 channels at mixdown
- Advanced Delta-Control automation driven SSL SuperAnalogue mix engine
- 2 stereo mix busses with individual stereo insert points
- SSL MCU Control of Sigma Delta via dedicated Nucleus profile
- Independent Main and Alternate Monitor outputs
- Direct outputs on all channels
- Talkback facility with adjustable Dim level
- Intuitive cross platform Remote Control app
- High speed ‘Logictivity Control’ via single Ethernet cable
Here’s what SSL say:
Designed for the DAW user that seeks the legendary big sound of an SSL console while retaining the convenience of working in the box, Sigma Delta is a unique rack mounting SuperAnalogue mixer with full synchronised control via the Sigma Remote Control Application and Delta-Control DAW plug-ins.
Sigma Delta seamlessly brings the analogue joy of mixing on an SSL console into your DAW dominated workflow. Using MDAC technology unique to SSL, Sigma takes the SuperAnalogue mix buss from SSL's Duality and AWS consoles and delivers it in a 2U rack design, with complete remote control of the analogue signal path, using either a hardware control surface and/or a simple Remote Control Application, and/or directly from your DAW using the innovative SSL Delta-Control (D-Ctrl) plug-in. Now anyone who can drive a DAW can mix on an SSL.
- Type: Analog
- Channels: 16 in, 2+2 out
- Computer Connectivity: Ethernet/ Wireless
- Outputs - Main: 6 x XLR (Alt, Mon, Mix)
- Outputs - Direct: 8 x DB-25 (16 stereo channels)
- Send/Return I/O: 2 x DB-25
- Busses/Groups: 2 stereo mix
- USB: 1 x Type B (diagnostic only)
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" (footswitch)
- Talkback: Yes
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Power Source: 12V DC power supply (included)