This Classic Rock EZX features the classic rock drum sound: big, bold and brash. It includes two distinct kits, augmented by additional instruments and other features influenced by the Legacy of Rock SDX.
The pack was recorded at AIR Studios by Eddie Kramer himself - a legendary producer, engineer and mixer who worked with some of the biggest rock acts of the '60s and '70s, curating a timeless drum sound in the process for each. This selection is largely inspired by his work with rock titans, Led Zeppelin, and their drumming behemoth behind the kit, John Bonham.
Delving into Drums
The contents of this EZX offer you the tools needed to create classic rock drums from the ground-up. Choose from a pair of exciting drum kits, MIDI fills and grooves, and a number of presets to mould your ideal sound from scratch.
One of these kits available to you is the 'Amber Kit', which is a recreation of the iconic acrylic kit used by Bonham during the 1976 'The Song Remains The Same' recordings. This is characterised by an open, booming, and instantly recognisable sound that's solidified its place in rock history.
The other kit offers a nice contrast in comparison. 'The Sparkle' kit is another reproduction of a set regularly used by John, and provides a more traditional tone that manages to retain his powerful, ear-shattering sound. Both of these kits will thrive in any classic rock production you might be working on - with each engineered by Eddie, the man responsible for shaping their original nature.
- Two full drum kits, customised for a larger than life, resonant classic rock drum sound.
- Recorded by Eddie Kramer himself in AIR Studios, London.
- Pays homage to Eddie's work during the '60s and '70s with iconic rock drummers such as Led Zeppelin's John Bonham.
- A selection of MIDI fills and grooves inspired by Eddie Kramer's career.
- Choose from a variety of presets, each of which is mix-ready.
- Drums sampled using mallets and sticks and with snare wires off.
- Use a gong, timpani, and a number of other kit elements.