Here's what Roland say about the WM-1 MIDI adaptor:
In today's world, you need the ability to make music whenever and wherever you want, eliminating cables and clutter however possible. And wireless control should be easy to set up and just as responsive and reliable as plugging in a cable. Join the wireless MIDI revolution with the Roland WM series, where your creativity knows no bounds.
Plug a WM-1 into a keyboard, drum machine, or other hardware with standard MIDI I/O to wirelessly communicate with MIDI music apps on an iOS device and Mac computer, even at the same time. Or connect more instruments and devices with additional WM-1 units or the wm-1 Wireless MIDI Dongle. In addition to MIDI note data, you can send MIDI sync for tempo, effects, LFOs, loops, and more—all without connecting a single cable.
Low latency, High performance
For musicians, the downfall of many wireless MIDI systems is latency—that is, the time it takes to hear sound once you've pressed a key or tapped a drum pad. High latency makes playing feel unnatural, and you can never get the timing right. The proprietary wireless technology in the WM series provides an immediate, ultra-responsive playing experience, just like you're plugged in with a normal MIDI cable.
While Standard mode on the WM-1 will cover most playing situations, timing-critical applications may benefit from even more speed. Fast mode turbocharges the transfer rate to 3 ms—better than the internal speed of many hardware devices—providing ultra-fast communication between another WM-1 or WM-1D.
- Wireless Format: BLE and proprietary format
- Wireless carrier frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Transmission Range: 10 m (32 feet) line-of-sight
- Multiple connection: Up to three units can be connected to one master unit (STANDARD mode)
- Latency: 7.5--15 ms (STANDARD mode), 3 ms (FAST mode)
- Connectors: MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AAA, LR03) x 1
- Current Draw: 14 mA
- Battery life for continuous use: Alkaline battery (AAA, LR03): Approximately 60 hours