AKG H85 Universal Shockmount
This shock mount, designed for mics like the AKG C414, will grip any mic within the specifications (see below). Just twist the base, and rubber stoppers will tighten around the mic holding it securely in the elasticated shockmount - even when held upside down.
Here's what AKG say about the H85
Universal shock mount for all microphones with shaft diameters from 19 to 26 mm (0.75 to 1 in.), e.g. C 414 B-XLS und C 414 B-XL II.
For the new C 414 B-XLS and C 414 B-XL II microphones, AKG designed a new shock mount that differs from the familiar H 100 as follows:
- The outside ring has been reduced in diameter from 120 mm (4.7 in.) to 100 mm (4 in.).
- The color has been changed from black to dark gray.
- The clamping range has been increased from 22 - 26 mm (0.87 - 1.02 in.) to 19 - 26 mm (0.7 - 1.02 in.) to accommodate microphones with cylindrical or conical bodies or connectors including, e.g., the AKG Blue Line and ULS Series.
- The H 85 shock mount keeps a lower profile than the H 100 and therefore looks better on the microphone.
- The H 85 also matches several other AKG studio microphones, e.g., the C 2000 B, C 3000 B, and C 4000 B.