Here's what Lewitt say about the MTP550 DM Microphone
The better workhorse
Versatility and durability, plus optimal suitability for punishing touring conditions with no compromises on sound: this is what the MTP 840 DM stands for. Its excellent transient response, refined electronics, and superior capsule design make the MTP 840 DM a unique tool for onstage use.
Innovatively designed circuitry and the highest-quality components make for exceptionally low self-noise and a maximum of dynamic range when in Active Mode, and the frequency curve, – which is specially tailored for vocal recordings – provides the ultimate in sound quality.
A three-step low-cut filter directly influences the proximity effect, permitting adaptation of the mic to individual preferences. The built-in three-position switchable amplifier, is specially adapted to the MTP 840 DM’s components, allowing lossless recording of even far-off sources.
A supercardioid polar pattern provides maximum protection against feedback, and the flexibly suspended capsule reduces structure-borne noise to a minimum. The MTP 840 DM transports the artist’s voice in a powerful way, lending it the necessary presence without falsifying its individual character.
- Type: Dynamic, moving coil
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Polar pattern : SuperCardioid
- Frequency range - 40 ... 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 3.5 mV/Pa, -49 dBV/Pa
- Gain settings, active mode: 0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB
- Low-cut filter : linear, 150 Hz (12 dB/oct), 250 Hz (12 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 600 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1.000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 51 dia. x 183 mm, 2 dia. x 7.2 in
- Microphone net weight: 336 g, 11.85 oz