- 1 x Warm Audio WA12 MKII Half-Rack Discrete Microphone Preamp
- 1 x Warm Audio WA-47JR Vintage FET Microphone
The Warm Audio bundle is the perfect vintage-inspired setup for professional quality audio capture. The WA-47jr microphone and WA12 MKII preamp combination envelopes your sound in the same legendary voicing heard over decades of music.
The ‘47 style FET capsule is the WA-47jr's key to getting that classic warmth at an extremely affordable price. Carefully built by an Australian capsule manufacturer with absolute precision in recreating the sonic qualities of a '47.
Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors are a lot more simple than an original '47 tube mic, but nevertheless sound delightfully crisp. This also makes the WA-47jr an extremely reliable, pure low noise microphone.
Record vocals and instruments alike using the WA-47jr's cardiod, figure-of-eight and omnidirectional patterns. A real workhorse, the WA-47jr is great for either studio or live use and sounds amazing used with acoustic or electric instruments alike. Perfect for experimental types.
WA12 MKII Preamp
The WA12 MKII is based on a discrete X731 op-amp, a reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731. The X731 produces a vibrant, clean tones, as well as mild saturation at higher gain levels. With a huge 71dB headroom, the WA12 MKII ensures you're sound is transparent, lively and exciting.
- FET transformerless '47 style condenser mic
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, Dual large Diaphragm, Single backplate, 6 microns NOS Mylar
- Polar patterns: Cardiod, Figure-of-eight, omnidirectional.
- Pad: -10dB
- High-pass filter: 70Hz
- Dynamic range: 138dBa
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET's, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors
- Frequency range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Output impedance: 100 OHMS
- Rated load impedance: ≥1 kohms
- Mic diameter: 52mm
- Mic length: 210mm
- Includes: shockmount, hard mount, storage pouch
WA12 MKII Specifications
- Utilises premium grade input and output USA Cinemag transformers
- Fully discrete design w/ robust 71dB of gain
- Discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp
- 20dB pad
- Tone button – Switches Iinput impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes Tone mic and Hi-Z inputs
- 2 megohm true Hi-Z front panel input
- Balanced inputs & outputs
- 48v phantom power.
- LED meter gain indicator
- Output attenuation control for driving preamp and transformers into saturation
- Switchable 115/230v IEC inlet