AKG K245 Foldable Open-Back Studio Monitoring Headphones
Legendary AKG Sonic Performance
Building on a 70-year legacy of continual design innovation, AKG delivers unmatched sound quality and comfort in this new family of foldable studio headphones. The new K245 represents the culmination of decades of refinement—from the transducers, to the porting, to the fit and finish.
You Can Take Headphones Out of the studio …
……but you can’t take the studio out of these headphones. As the most trusted name in studio headphones, AKG has sold over one million pairs of K240 series alone and now it’s even more convenient to take studio-quality quality sound with you. With the K245, it’s almost as if you were sitting in front of a pair of great reference monitors— transparent, defined, and uncoloured.
All three headphone models in the Foldable Studio Headphones Line (K175, K245, K275) offer the best-in-class frequency response, delivering unrivalled clarity and detail, making it easy to hear subtle detail and to create mixes that translate well across different playback systems. Their superior sensitivity and low impedance offer maximum output before distortion, so you can use them with all your devices, even when playing music from lower-powered mobile devices
You’ve Never Heard Bass Like This
When you’re serious about editing and mixing your music, you’re looking for more than thumping bass in your headphones, you need nuanced low frequencies. The K245 Studio line headphones offer 50mm transducers—the largest in their class—to create greater low-frequency extension and detailed bass reproduction. This makes it easy to define each and every instrument you’re hearing.
Built to Last
After decades of the strictest product standards and most rigorous of testing regimens, quality has become synonymous with the AKG name—and these headphones are no exception. From intensive driver stress tests, to an 80,000-bend-cycle for cables—even an exaggerated drop test—we put our headphone designs through the gauntlet, so you can count on them for years to come. All of the critical pieces are metal, including the hinge, guaranteeing they last through heavy use. Additionally, the cable is replaceable, further extending the life of your investment.
Take the Studio with You
With a completely foldable design, made possible through an innovative, three-axis hinge, the K245 can easily be collapsed and transported in tight spaces, like a travel bag. The design minimizes the exposure to damage that comes with the demanding mobile lifestyles of musicians, producers, and audio engineers.
Make Music in Comfort
No more tugging or pulling to adjust the fit of your headphones. The AKG K245 are the first foldable, studio-quality headphones in their class to offer a self-adjusting headband, floating ear cups, and an innovative three-axis hinge to provide you an instant, all-over perfect fit with every use.
And they don’t just fit well, they feel good. AKG headphones have become a trusted studio ally over the years for their ability to be worn, fatigue-free, for hours on sessions, due to their light weight, and comfortable slow-retention foam ear pads. With a secure fit and seal, AKG Foldable Studio Headphones provide ideal bass extension and with the open-backed K245 you have the added benefit of a bright, spacious high end.
- Legendary AKG studio performance and comfort
- Over ear, open-back design
- Largest-in-class 50mm transducers for greater low-frequency extension
- Best-in-class frequency response for unrivalled clarity and detail
- Superior sensitivity and low impedance provide maximum output with a broad
- range of playback devices
- Foldable, ergonomic design allows you to take studio-quality sound with you - fitting right into your backpack or computer bag
- Headband self-adjusts for a perfect fit, every time you put them on
- Slow-retention foam ear pads ensure a comfortable, secure fit that also maximizes acoustic isolation
- Extreme AKG testing regime ensures reliability even after heavy use
- Durable all-metal hinge designed to last for years
- Replaceable cable to maximize value and investment
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery