KRK KNS 6400 Professional Headphones
From the makers of one of the world's best selling ranges of monitors, the KRK KNS 6400 headphones are designed for prolonged professional studio use and are unlike other headphones in that KRK have deliberately voiced them in such a way that you get more of the "open" sound of a pair of monitors and less of the unnatural "closeness" that often clouds the judgement of engineers mixing on headphones.
Thanks to their unrivalled comfort and their ability to deliver accurate sound with all the details intact, we have no doubt that you will begin to run into KRK KNS 6400 headphones in an increasing number of professional studios.
Here's what KRK say about the KNS Headphones
Whether you are listening to some tracks, or tracking your next recording, the KNS6400 gives you the famous KRK sound independent of your monitors. This closed-back around-the-ear design brings you closer to your music, and the highly isolated surround pads give you the freedom to immerse yourself in the sound without having your monitor mix "escape" into open microphones -- and keeps live instruments out of what you are monitoring. Having "One Voice" that consistently gives you accurate reproduction of your music or mix will help you achieve just what the artist intended -- especially if the artist is you.
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK's class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
- 1/4" jack plug can be unscrewed to reveal a 1/8" plug for laptops and portable media players.
- System / Design: Dynamic
- Operating System: Closed-back
- Head Coupling: Circumaural (Isolating)
- Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire
- Driver Type: Low weight neodymium
- Driver Diameter: 40mm
- Sensitivity/Efficiency: 95 dB SPL @1mW
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-22 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1%
- Rated Impedance: 36 ohms
- Ambient Noise Isolation: up to 26 dBA
- Long Term Maximum Power Handling: 1000mW (500mW per side as per IEC 60268-7)
- Earcup Rotation: 90 degrees
- Nominal Headband Pressure: 4 N (based on average head size)
- Headband Type: Adjustable / Sprung steel skeleton
- Ear Cushion type: Acoustic cellular foam
- Headpad Finish: Leatherette
- Headphone Finish: Black impact resistant plastic
- Cable: 2.5 m, (8.2 ft.), 99,99% OFC detachable
- Connector: Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm)
- Cable Connection: Strain relief managed
- Adaptor: Screw-on 1/4" (6.3 mm)
- Weight without Cable: 202 g (0.44lbs)
- Net / Shipping Weight: 820 g (1.8 lbs)
- Dimensions: 245mm x 268mm x 94mm, 9.6" x 10.5" x 3.7"
KRK Education Discount