The Apogee ONE for iPad and Mac takes the great features of the original Apogee ONE - a pocket sized USB audio interface with professional sound quality - and adds in iPad compatibility and a built in condenser microphone to make recording on the go, or in your home studio, even easier.
The pinnacle of pristine sound, the Apogee ONE focuses on fantastic A/D conversion to ensure that, despite the small form factor of the Apogee ONE, sound engineers still get the exceptional sound quality for which Apogee has long been renowned.
Compared to the original ONE, ONE for iPad features a die-cast aluminium body, dual simultaneous inputs (mic & instrument) and high speed USB 2.0 and Lightning connections.
The Apogee One is a unique product in the fiercely competitive world of recording gear; An ultra compact all-in-one USB Audio interface with Apogee's renowned AD/DA conversion and mic preamp technology, should already make the One a contender in your mobile recording setup. However the secret sucker punch is that the One actually features a high quality built in omnidirectional microphone so that you can record your tracks with the minimum of fuss.
Built-in Omni-directional Microphone.
With some brands, you may think that sticking a microphone in an interface could be a cheap gimmick. Yet...
Apogee are well known for having some of the highest quality audio systems out there, so you can count on them to match their high fidelity circuitry with a crisp and clear built-in microphone that will perform in any situation.
This makes recording on the go a quick and simple task. no need to bring extra cables, microphones and preamps- This setup can be ready in a matter of seconds, with fantastic results. You can of course connect you favourite microphone if you need for a particular setup or situation. ONE even lets you record with a microphone (built-in or external) and guitar simultaneously.
The One is a perfect choice for the singer/songwriter, Podcast maker or voice-over artist, and can also be used as a headphone amp so that you can mix your tracks, or listen to your music library, taking advantage of Apogee's pristine audio circuitry.
Here's what Apogee say about the ONE for iPad and Mac
The first studio-quality microphone and audio interface for iPad and Mac.
The all new Apogee ONE is the first studio quality microphone and USB audio interface for iPad and Mac. ONE is designed for easily creating professional and amazing sounding recordings on your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac. Using Apogee’s premium AD/DA conversion, ONE produces pristine music, podcast, and voice-over recordings while also delivering audiophile quality sound to your headphones.
The all new ONE for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use and low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac.
Legendary Sound Quality - Why Apogee is the best choice for your studio
Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades.
Twice as good as the original
Twice the Power
Charges iOS device
The only interface that charges iOS devices while in use and can also be battery powered.
Twice the inputs
Record more. Simultaneous microphone and instrument recording with internal mic or external mic and instrument input
Twice the Connectivity
Works with iOS and Mac. Direct connection with Lightning or 30-pin iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) and USB connection to Mac
Twice the Control
Maestro app for iOS and Mac. Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring
iOS 7 compatible
Works with iOS 7 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Sound Quality - The Apogee Advantage
A difference you will hear
ONE makes the legendary quality of Apogee's mic preamps, AD/DA converters and clocking available in a portable form factor and at a great price. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, ONE was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
ONE's AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. ONE's efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
ONE features two microphone preamps with seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible gain range of 0 to 63 dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. ONE's mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Music creation on iPad - A revolution in personal & professional recording
Apple's iPad is an incredible audio recording and music creation tool. It is by far the most accessible, reliable and dynamic way to make music.
iPad puts you in touch with your creativity
Interacting with iPad to make music is like playing an instrument. In fact, some apps like Apple's GarageBand turn your iPad into a guitar or virtual instrument. Whether you are moving faders on a mixer, adjusting software parameters, or editing a waveform, iPad's multi-touch interface is a more hands on environment and superior to mouse clicks or track pad swipes.
iOS Apps - There's a music app for everything
There are hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad. With multi-track recording DAWs like GarageBand and Auria, synths and drum machines like Animoog and DM1, utilities and guitar effects like Audiobus and JamUp Pro, the music creation offering for iPad is vast and varied. And most apps are more affordable than their Mac based counterparts.
Setting up your studio has never been easier
iPad makes everything easier with a simplified user interface and plug and play connectivity for accessories like Apogee audio interfaces. You'll be amazed by how simple it is to set up your studio.
Share your music
Sharing functionality is built-in to most apps, making it easier then ever to move files and collaborate on different devices including iPad to Mac.
Mac System Requirements
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
iOS System requirements
- iOS version: 5.1.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin or Lightning connector
- Power supply or two AA batteries required (Batteries not included)
iOS device compatibility
- iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
- iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad
- iPad mini
In the box
- Breakout cable with: 1 XLR Mic input, 1 1/4" Instrument input
- Microphone stand clip
- USB cable
- Lightning iOS cable
- Universal power supply with NA, EU, UK, AU, JP
- QuickStart guide
- First studio quality audio interface and microphone for iPad
- New circuitry, mic capsule and upgraded sound quality
- Redesigned die cast aluminum chassis
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with GarageBand, MultiTrack, Spotify; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, iTunes; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- Optional battery operation for remote recording on iPad (2 AA batteries not included)
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone (mic stand adapter included)
- 2 Analog Inputs: XLR microphone and 1/4" instrument connector on breakout cable; Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone; 2 simultaneous inputs (instrument + built-in or external mic) Mic preamp with up to 62dB of gain
- 2 Analog Outputs: 1 1/8" stereo output for headphones or powered speakers
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/96kHz
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.
- Mic input: 0 to 62dB gain; 14dBu max input level
- Hi-Z: 0 to 45 dB gain; 14dBu max input level
- Headphone out: 14dBu max (3.9V RMS)
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria