Steinberg have teamed up with the Legendary Rupert Neve designs to deliver a sleek new range of USB audio interfaces!
The premium UR-RT series provides high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity and comprises the UR-RT2 and UR-RT4 mobile interfaces with switchable Rupert Neve Designs input transformers. Designed to also be compatible with iOS platforms, the UR-RT range is the perfect balance between pro-quality audio production and an on-the-go recording solution!
These interfaces deliver the kind of stunning sound quality you'd expect from anything bearing the Neve name, along with a typically intuitive user experience.
Featuring switchable Rupert Neve Designs transformers on the front inputs for rich harmonics and enhanced musical sound, the premium UR-RT2 offers a studio-quality mobile production platform.
Engineered to offer outstanding quality for its price class, the ultra-robust UR-RT2 features two outstanding onboard D-PRE preamps for condenser and dynamic microphones, Hi-Z inputs for your guitar, MIDI I/O for MIDI equipment and headphone/monitor outputs.
Onboard dspMixFxalso provides DSP-powered, latency-free monitoring. For composers and musicians who want the most expressive sound, the UR-RT2 is the ideal portable production interface for your PC, Mac or iOS devices.
The Rupert Neve Designs transformer
Mr. Rupert Neve is undoubtedly a legend in the professional audio field. The transformer circuitry is one of the key factors in his numerous vintage designs and also in the latest devices from Rupert Neve Designs, which gives a very appealing touch of natural compression and saturation to the sound.
Input channels 1-4 on the Steinberg UR-RT4 each feature a transformer that Rupert Neve Designs has specifically developed for audio interfaces. With this transformer, a natural distortion can be added to the signal to realize a sound with more depth and perspective, while maintaining the natural sound of the DPRE itself when the transformer is disabled.
The D-PRE: Beyond precision
The virtues of the Yamaha-designed D-PRE have been sung by industry veterans and trade press alike since the introduction of this class-leading preamp. A sumptuously detailed high-end, immaculate dynamic response and a rich, rounded low-end sound are the hallmarks of this very special preamp. The UR-RT2 and UR-RT4 feature two D-PRE preamps, each offering stellar recording quality unmatched in this price class. And to faithfully capture and replay the warm, transparent sound of the D-PRE, the UR-RTs feature AD and DA conversion stages with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz resolution.
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
- Rupert Neve Designs transformer switchable on each input channel
- 2 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 1 for electric guitar), plus 2 TRS line inputs, headphones jack with independent level control
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip, and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
- dspMixFx editor application for Windows, macOS and iOS
- MIDI input and output
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC (only for 64-bit environment) and Cubasis LE DAW app for iPad
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS and iOS (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter)