To celebrate 25 years of Bass Station, Novation have released the v2.5 firmware update. This adds some of the most requested features such as filter tracking, paraphonic mode, microtuning and new preset soundpacks. Install easily via the Novation Components content manager.
Paraphonic mode & Filter tracking
Bass Station II is now a paraphonic monosynth, because the pitches of each of the two oscillators can be controlled separately in its single-voice architecture. Two notes can be played at a time rather than just one, and users can get interesting interactions through the Ring and Filter Mod.
Filter tracking was one of the most requested features. The filter includes variable keyboard tracking in Bass Station II v2.5 – the best for matching higher notes to increased brightness.
Envelope retriggering & Oscillator error
Bass Station II's secret sound-design weapon is envelope retriggering. It’s now possible to configure envelopes to retrigger once the decay stage has ended, opening up a whole range of new possibilities.
Oscillator error introduces a small and adjustable random detune on each note-on event. This can be used to generate some very beautiful, subtle (or not) musical dissonance, very much in the same way that vintage synths do (because of the looser tolerance of their electronic components). Paraphonic mode makes it as dramatic as possible.
Microtuning editing & New presets
The frequency triggered by each key press can be completely controlled, giving scales another dimension.
Two new Soundpacks are in Components: Silver and Sinevibes. Silver's presets explore the v2.5 features and inspire new tracks and sound design. Sinevibes, designed by Sinevibes’ founder Artemij Pavlov, gives 101 classic Bass Station II presets.
Here's what Novation say about the Bass Station II:
Bass Station II is an analogue mono synth based on the classic original BassStation but re-worked for the 21st century. It has two filters, two oscillators plus a third sub oscillator, patch save and a fully analogue effects section. Add a step sequencer, arpeggiator, full sized keys and a powerful modulation section and you have the makings of an analogue synth that is built for bass, but capable of so much more.
Novation Sound Collective
Get free or discounted software exclusive to registered Novation users! The Sound Collective offer changes frequently, so make sure you check back to make the most of the free software and plugins that you'll get! Click here for more info.
2 year warranty
All Novation products come with a 24 month warranty from the point of purchase, if bought after October 2016. Visit Novation's site for more infomation.
- Analogue synthesizer: brand new version of the classic BassStation
- Two distinct analogue filters: A brand new ‘Acid’ filter joins the ‘Classic’ original BassStation filter
- Bass Station II ships with 64 factory patches and a further 64 user slots. Patch dump enables you to archive and swap sounds
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters
- Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator
- Analogue effects section: Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality
- Flexible modulation featuring 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
- Players 'synth-action' keyboard with aftertouch
- 25 Velocity sensitive keys with assignable aftertouch
- Two analog filters (Acid and Classic)
- Two oscillators + additional sub oscillator
- Flexible modulation with 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs
- 64 Presets + 64 user memories
- Patch Dump function
- Pattern-based step sequencer
- Analogue effects section
- 6.3 mm Jack line output Mono
- 6.3 mm Jack line input Mono
- Stereo headphone output 6.3 mm jack
- Sustain pedal connector
- MIDI in/out
- USB port
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 45.5 x 27 x 8.3 cm
- Power supply via USB or power adapter