The i3 (from the engineering wizards over at KORG) is the perfect synth for performers, producers, composers and those who are looking to kickstart their journey with the instrument. Fun to use, with enough depth to keep you coming back for more, the i3 is an instant hit.
Fully Functioning Workstation
Boasting 61 full size, velocity sensitive keys, the i3 is like any traditional workstation. However, you also have access to adjustable keyboard response; pitch shifting using transpose buttons; real time articulation of pitch bend, brilliance and vibrato through a pro joystick; not to mention two-band EQ. The creative potential available at your fingertips is extremely impressive.
Just like all of their synth products, KORG have packed the same attention to detail and sonic expertise into the i3. With 800 instrument sounds joining 59 drum kits, there’s a tonne of potential here for serious experimentation. A hi-fi PCM sound engine forms the backbone of the synthesizer, providing 64 voices of polyphony. For a nice finishing touch, you can utilise the two stereo effect processors; shaping your real-time sounds with depth, movement and expression is quick and simple.
Envisage it, Capture it
Capturing, editing and sharing your unique performances and practice sessions is as easy as can be. The i3 functions like a linear track by track, 16 track recorder while in normal mode, allowing you to replace or edit separate tracks. A finished project can then be exported as a MIDI data file, or a WAV file (if using Performance Recording Mode), letting you tweak and arrange your creations elsewhere.
To help flesh out your musical masterpieces, select the Style Performance Set. This is used to complete any piece you might make by providing the missing parts required. For example, you could add a bass line, drum parts, guitar, or even brass sections! Its possible to have up to 8 of these in play simultaneously, making for some seriously layered and detailed compositions. All elements can be selected and muted, and the volume levels of each can be reduced and increased as you see fit.
- 61 full size velocity sensitive keys.
- Adjustable keyboard response using three touch curves.
- Transpose buttons allow for precise pitch shifting.
- Real time articulation of pitch bend, brilliance and vibrato through the professional joystick.
- Two-band EQ.
- Dedicated Grand Piano button allows you to recall the i3’s prime piano sound in an instant.
- Custom backlit LCD screen.
- Controls conveniently grouped by function.
- Rubberised touch surface.
- 800 instrument sounds.
- 59 custom drum kits.
- Style performance sets – add in extra musical parts to flesh out your compositions.
- 200 sound sets – place four sounds on the keyboard simultaneously (one split to the lower keys, three outlined across the upper keys).
- High-fidelity PCM sound engine.
- 64 voice polyphony.
- Two stereo effect processors (each contains 173 possible variations).
- Save and recall settings.
- Onboard recording functionality.
- General MIDI compatibility.
- Select or mute backing/real time parts using dedicated push buttons and tweak volume levels of each one.
- Connect to AC Power Sources Using the Included Adapter
- Two 1/4" Outputs (Left, Mono, Right)
- One 1/8" Stereo Headphone Output
- One 1/8" Audio Input
- One 1/4" Jack for Foot Controller
- MIDI Output Jack
- Two USB Ports