The Q (Quest) Series encompasses Ibanez's most progressive electric guitars to date. Developed from the ground up, these cutting-edge instruments cater for the newest generation of players — those who seek portable, ergonomic tools that can keep up with the increasingly technical and flamboyant styles spreading across modern rock and metal music.
Features for the Forward-Thinking
Headless guitars are pushing far beyond the formulas of the past, and Ibanez has fully embraced this shift in contemporary instrument design with its Q Series. Boasting a number of additional unique elements intended to maximise tone, performance and playing comfort — including custom-made pickups, a 'dyna-MIX' switching system, a highly-adjustable 'Mono Tone' bridge and a proprietary string-locking mechanism — the Q Series makes guitarists of all disciplines question the full scope of their creative potential.
Ichika Nito Signature Model
Internet sensation and renowned virtuoso Ichika Nito has globally captivated music fans and musicians alike with his unconventional, experimental style and a wholly original musical approach. Of all the options available to him, Ichika chose the Q Series as the basis for his Ibanez artist model — closely following the specs of the Q54 guitar but with a few notable changes, including three proprietary R1 single-coil pickups rather than the standard HSS configuration, and super-cool satin chrome hardware.
- Ergonomic Q Series Design — The compact, lightweight body features a number of strategically-placed curves on both the top and back; boosting comfort. Headless neck reduces total instrument length to just 80 centimetres!
- Nyatoh Body — An ideal tonal foundation for the SSS pickup layout; offering a rich mid-range and tight low-end.
- Roasted Maple/Bubinga Neck — 3-piece construction ensures rock-solid stability in changeable climates and conditions.
- Wizard "C" Profile — Neutral shape caters for various playing styles; it’s not too thick, too thin, or too flat.
- Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard — Heat-treated for a balanced attack and rich sustain. Has plenty of exotic flair too!
- 24 Jescar EVO Gold Frets — Material is renowned for its durability, vibrant tone and silky-smooth feel; allowing for effortless string bending.
- Luminescent Side Dots — Glow-in-the-dark markers will always let you know where you're at, even on the most ill-lit stages!
- Custom String Lock — 1-piece unit features a very simple design; meaning less maintenance, great longevity and easy string changes. No specialised string is required, so you can continue to use your favourite gauge and brand!
- Mono Tune Bridge — Provides a wide intonation range; making it straightforward to set the instrument up for drop-tunings. String height is also easily adjustable.
- Proprietary R1 Pickups — Designed specifically for the Q Series, these low-noise single-coil pickups deliver a clearly-defined sound; facilitating excellent balance through all frequencies.
- dyna-MIX8 Switching System — Offers 8 pickup variations for a wide sonic palette. It even simulates a humbucking sound from the combination of two single-coil pickups!
- Included Gig Bag — Durable construction protects the guitar against knocks on the road.
- Body Wood: Nyatoh
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Quest Series
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Roasted Maple/Bubinga
- Neck Profile: Wizard "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 648 mm (25.5")
- Fingerboard Wood: Roasted Birdseye Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 305 mm
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Off-Set Dot
- Side Inlays: Luminescent Dot
- Frets: 24, Jescar EVO Gold
- String Spacing: 10.8mm
- Nut: Plastic
- Nut Width: 42 mm
- Neck Pickup: Ibanez R1 Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Ibanez R1 Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Ibanez R1 Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Additional Electronics: dyna-MIX8 Switching System with Alter Switch
- Hardware Colour: Satin Chrome
- Bridge: Ibanez Mono Tune
- Other: Ibanez Custom String Lock
- Total Instrument Length: 800 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (10-46)
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, Truss Rod Adjust Bar
- Case: Gig Bag (Included)