There are few guitarists more recognisable than Saul "Slash" Hudson. The top hat wearing axe slinger has earned multiple platinum albums in a career spanning more than three decades with Guns 'N Roses, Velvet Revolver and most recently, his solo project with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. It's fair to say to then, that Slash has earned his reputation as a true guitar hero and the new "Inspired by Gibson" Slash Collection celebrates some of his most influential guitars.
The Epiphone Slash J-45 is built for players of all abilities and for any stage, no matter how big or small. With all solid wood construction, the Slash J-45 features the classic pairing of a Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides. The result is a big, full sound with a sparkly top end and a deep, resonant low end. A set of Grover® Rotomatic® tuners and Graph Tech® TUSQ® nut and saddle ensure optimal tuning stability every time. The J-45 also features a Mahogany Neck with an Indian Laurel fretboard, stylishly finished off with Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays.
Some of Slash's personal specs include a custom rounded C-shape neck profile, a flatter, more modern 16" fretboard radius, and an LR Baggs™ VTC preamp and under-saddle pickup for a natural acoustic sound when amplified. Each and every guitar in the Slash Collection features Slash’s “Skully” signature drawing on the back of the headstock and his signature on the truss rod cover.
The Epiphone Slash J-45 is available in two distinct finishes; Vermillion Burst and November burst, and is beautifully presented in a hardshell Case with Slash's Skully Logo on the side.
- LR Baggs™ VTC Preamp - LR Baggs are widely regarded as one of the finest acoustic pickup manufacturers in the world. The VTC preamp and under-saddle pickup won't colour your tone and ensures the J-45 retains its natural nuances when plugged in to an amplifier.
- Modern 16" Fretboard Radius - The radius refers to how much of a curve there is to the fretboard. The J-45's modern 16" radius is flatter than many other acoustics which allows for bigger string bends without fretting out.
- Slash Custom Rounded C-Shape Neck - Slash's custom neck profile is sleek and ergonomic and feels incredibly comfortable in your hand whether you're playing chord shapes or silky lead lines.
- Custom Hardshell Case - Keep your guitar safe and sound in this sturdy custom hard case with Slash's "Skully" logo.
- Custom Slash Decals - All models in the Slash Collection are adorned with Slash's unique "Skully" drawing and signature on the truss rod cover so you can warn everyone about your appetite for destruction!
- Body Shape: J-45
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: 4-Ply Top, 1-Ply Back
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slash Custom Rounded C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Joint: Tapered Dovetail; Glued In
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Indian Laurel, Reverse Belly
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell, 50s J-45 Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply Bell with Slash Signature
- Strap Buttons: 2 - Side of Heel and Endpin Jack
- Bridge Pins: Ivory
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs VTC
- Controls: Soundhole Mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Preamp: LR Baggs VTC
- Strings Gauge: .012 .016 .024 .032 .042 .053
- Case: Hardshell Case with Slash Skully Logo Included