Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer
Explore Constantly Evolving Sequences
1 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Mon 4th Jul 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 674 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Moog are known for being one of the most innovative electronic instrument manufacturers in the entire industry, and for good reason. Enter the Moog Subharmonicon: a semi-modular, polyrhythmic analog synth that continues the brands commitment to producing exciting, powerful and highly-creative products.
The Subharmonicon is inspired by the once cutting-edge analog music and instruments spawned during the '30s and '40s. These historic concepts were built on the foundations of not just music, but mathematics too. Leading minds including Leon Theremin and Joseph Schillinger developed a range of instruments that ultimately influence what you'll find here; it's a melding of modern design and vintage character!
Using a 6-tone sound engine paired with multi-layered sequencers, sonic exploration is encouraged. Use both to experiment with polyrhythms, subharmonics and the intriguing relationships that they lead to. You'll be able to craft organic sequences from the ground up that are constantly shifting and evolving as you play.
Simple to Operate
A selection of intuitive hands-on controls make the Subharmonicon a breeze to use. Yes, you'll be making complex patterns and sounds, but it's been made to be as accessible as possible. Packing in two VCOs, two four-step sequencers, four rhythm generators and four subharmonic oscillators, this compact, robust synth shouldn't be underestimated.
The aforementioned tools form the bedrock of the Subharmonicon's instantly iconic sound. Subharmonic tones are pulled mathematically from either of the two VCOs. The result? Chord shapes with a more well-rounded sound quality.
This has been paired with integrated quantization. You'll be able to deliver perfect intervals every single time. These are split into the brighter, clearer intervals of Just Intonation, and the more contemporary, Equal Temperament. Or if you prefer a more natural feel, you can go ahead without any quantization whatsoever!
Layers & Layers
To build even more versatile and varied patterns and polyrhythms, why not layer rhythm generators on top of one another? You can then apply enhanced dynamics and further complexity via the onboard Moog ladder filter, analog VCA and dual envelope generators.
The 32-point, 3.5mm built-in patchbay provides a whole host of additional tonal possibilities. Either patch into itself (unlocking the full potential of the instrument), or interface with external Eurorack compatible equipment like the DFAM or Mother-32.
Depending on your preferences, you can use the synth either standalone, or as part of any Eurorack system. This is done by removing the front panel, allowing for easy installation.
- Remove the front panel and easily install into a Eurorack system, or simply use the synth standalone.
- The modular patchbay delivers even more creative options, however, no patching is required whatsoever if you want to get experimenting right away!
- Multi-layered sequencers paired with a 6-tone sound engine provide the tools for extensive polyrhythm and subharmonic exploration.
- Harness integrated quantization to construct perfect intervals every single time.
- Layer individual rhythm generators to project intriguing, complex polyrhythms.
- Utilise dual envelope generators, analog VCA and the Moog ladder filter to add exciting dynamics to your sound.
- Weight: 1.58kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.2 x 12.57 x 5.24 Inches
- Power Consumption: 4.8 Watts
Power Supply (Included)
- Output: +12VDC; 1200mA
- Input: 100-240VAC; 50Hz-60Hz
- Style: Wall Adapter, Barrel Connection, Centre-Pin Positive
Analog Sound Engine
- Sources: VCO 1, SUB 1, SUB 2/VCO 2, SUB 1, SUB 2
- Filter: Self-Oscillating Ladder Filter, Low-Pass, 4-Pole (-24dB/Octave)
- Envelopes: VCA EG (Attack, Decay); VCF EG (Attack, Decay)
Analog Sequencers (x2)
- Clock: Driven Via Any/All of the Rhythm Generators
- Steps: 4 Steps Available Per Sequencer (Selectable Quantization)
Rhythm Generators (x4)
- Clock: 20 BPM - 3000 BPM (1 Pulse Per Quarter-Note), MIDI Clock, EXT Clock
- Rhythm: Derived by Dividing Tempo by Integer Value (1-16)
- MIDI: 3.5mm MIDI Input (Includes Type A Dongle)
- Outputs: 15 Output Jacks
- Inputs: 17 Input Jacks
- Jacks: 32 x 3.5mm
- Security: Kensington Lock Slot
- Power: Power Supply Connection
- Audio 1/4-Inch TRS Headphone or 1/4-inch TS Instrument
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer17th Feb 2022
Vygintas Orlovas19th May 2021
Mr Steven Gallivan20th Mar 2021
Trusted Customer3rd Sep 2020
Mr Chase McKinnon22nd Jul 2020
Jane Richards19th Jul 2020
Andrew Ruffle1st Jun 2020
Mr. Anthony Chilver1st Jun 2020
Mr Antony Wealls30th May 2020
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable