The latest innovation in portable PA comes from the Roland Mobile BA. Small enough to be transported without fuss, and packing 5w of stereo punch, the Mobile BA is the ideal plug-and-play solution for when you need a stereo amplifier (for an MP3 player, keyboard or laptop for example) or simply more volume for a mic at a small event.
Because it is so easy to use, it is ideal for schools, offices, small events, music lessons, jams, dance/exercise classes and much more.
Built in karaoke function (for removing vocals from a mix) and anti feedback are useful additions that ensure that the Mobile BA is versatile and convenient in many applications.
Here's what Roland say about the Mobile BA
Weighing under six pounds (2.5 kg) and delivering high-quality stereo sound with flexible connection options, the MOBILE BA is the perfect solution for schools, offices, small outdoor events, or any environment where fast, simple, and solid amplification is needed. No external power sources, speakers, or mixers are required — simply connect your music player, microphone, and/or instrument to the MOBILE BA, set the volume, and broadcast your sound with clarity and power. Small and light enough for a child to carry, the MOBILE BA goes wherever you want go!
- Five-watt (2.5 W+2.5 W) stereo amplifier
- Weighs under six lbs (2.5 kg); small and light enough for a child to carry
- Three-channel built-in mixer with flexible inputs: MIC, LINE, and PC/AUDIO
- Anti-Feedback function built in
- Reverb/Echo effects for vocals, and Centre Cancel function for “minus one” vocal practice and karaoke fun
- Can be mounted on an optional microphone stand for elevated placement
The MOBILE BA is a perfect audio accessory for schools. Use it to broadcast educational audio content in a classroom, or to amplify audio-for-video more powerfully and clearly than with TV or computer speakers. In the music lab, dance studio, gym, or anywhere a teacher’s voice and music needs to be heard clearly, the MOBILE BA delivers. School orchestras and marching bands can also take advantage of the MOBILE BA as an amplifier to play back recorded practice sessions. No extra cables, power supplies, speakers, or mixers are required — simply plug in and go. And since the MOBILE BA is ultra-lightweight and durable, even young students can transport it with ease.
In the Office
During meetings, conferences, and presentations, make your point and make your mark. Connect your microphone and laptop to the MOBILE BA, adjust the volumes to suit the room, and your audience will hear you loudly and clearly. The built-in Anti-Feedback function provides worry-free performance, automatically eliminating unexpected, annoying howling sounds. The simple three-channel mixer provides a volume knob for each channel, letting you easily adjust the balance of your microphone, computer, and any other connected device. For larger rooms, you can mount the MOBILE BA on an optional microphone stand for elevated placement and enhanced projection.
Sing-Along Sessions, Lessons, and More
The MOBILE BA is ideal for singers — connect a microphone and add lush reverb or echo to your voice. The convenient Centre Cancel feature minimises pre-recorded vocals from your favourite songs for karaoke-type fun; simply plug in an iPod, portable audio device (such as a CD/MP3 player), or computer into the MOBILE BA, activate Centre Cancel and sing along! This is great for “minus-one” type performances as well as for vocal lessons.
For dance studios and gym environments, the MOBILE BA offers a quick and easy way to pump music into any room or workout area. Because it’s so small and light, you can easily move it from place to place. And when powered by six AA batteries, you can operate the MOBILE BA without having to locate it near an AC power source, giving you the ultimate in flexibility and mobile convenience.
Rated Power Output
- 2.5 W + 2.5 W
Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- MIC: -50 dBu LINE: -10 dBu PC/AUDIO: -10 dBu
- 10 cm (4 inches) x 2
- POWER switch TONE knob MIC ECHO knob [MIC] VOLUME knob [LINE] VOLUME knob [PC/AUDIO] VOLUME knob CENTER CANCEL switch
- MIC jack (1/4-inch phone type) LINE L/MONO jack (1/4-inch phone type) LINE R jack (1/4-inch phone type) PC/AUDIO jacks (Stereo miniature phone type, RCA phono type) PHONES jack (Stereo miniature phone type) DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 or AC Adaptor (sold separately)
- 175 mA (DC 9 V)
- Strap Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Owner’s Manual
Option (sold separately)
- AC adaptor (PSB series)
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): approximately 15 hours * These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use.
Size and Weight
- Width: 280 mm 11-1/16 inches
- Depth: 108 mm 4-5/16 inches
- Height: 177 mm 7 inches
- Weight: 2.5 kg 5 lbs. 9 oz.
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms