Behringer has been knocking it out of the proverbial park with its convincing recreations of legendary synths and modules from the '80s. The RD-8 is a long-anticipated addition to their lineup, faithfully capturing the spirit of Roland's iconic TR-808 Rhythm Composer.
Retaining the intuitive and tactile interface design found on originals, the nostalgic Behringer RD-8 is packed full of features that enable easy programming for creating inspiring beats!
Here's what Behringer say about the RD-8:
The RHYTHM DESIGNER RD-8 provides all the tools you need to become a master beat-maker, including: 16 drum sounds; a 64-step sequencer; Wave Designer and dual-mode filter – for a full-fledged drum machine that'll shake the house! Whether you're new to drum programming or a seasoned pro looking to upgrade your setup, the RD-8 has everything you need to step up to the big time.
Great care has been taken in designing the RD-8 to achieve new possibilities in beat creation by reviving a timeless analog design from one of the most-classic drum machines of yesteryear. By taking a fresh and modern approach on a classic drum machine, the RD-8 gives you the power to harness the phenomenal sound of the 808 and tap into some new features as well. Colossal bass drums through to sizzling hi-hats can be manipulated to elevate your rhythm performance to the next level. This is an analog beat-making monster!
Live Performance Beat Master
Powerful & Feature-Rich Sequencer
Wave Designer & Dual-Mode Filter
Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer
In the worlds of techno, house, hip hop and R&B, the Roland TR-808 is an indispensable machine. Its signature sound, the booming bass drum that has created the groove of hits by everyone from Marvin Gaye to Afrika Bambaata to 808 state and is currently one of the most frequently used sounds in modern music.
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability
- Modern and versatile workflow
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal
- 11 independent analog outputs
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4" connectors
- High-visibility LED display
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation