Moog Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
2 IN STOCK
Includes a FREE SR Series Case!
Order now for delivery to you on Mon 27th Jun 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 941 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Moog is a household name, among both synth enthusiasts and the wider musician community alike. Famed for paving the way for analog synths, they're widely credited with defining the modern synth formula. For decades, musicians and manufacturers have expanded their setups in pursuit of ever-more complex and unique sounds, resulting in all manner of wild compositions and musical styles.
In a break from this trend, Moog have stripped away the bells and whistles and produced an intuitive synth that's designed for one thing: play. Say hello to the Grandmother!
Ready, set, play!
Looking at its irresistible colour-coordinated interface, it's quite apparent that Moog have built the Grandmother with fun in mind. This setup is designed to encourage experimentation, with heaps of potential patch combinations to play with. You've got the best bits of the classic Moog design; chunky black controls, clear labelling, smooth faders, velocity-sensitive keyboard. These elements have been streamlined to ensure that you'll not only find it easy to make noise with this thing - you'll enjoy it too!
The only way is modular
As mentioned before, the colour-coordinated interface makes the Grandmother far easier to navigate. This will be particularly useful for those who aren't experienced in using modular synths - they can often be a daunting prospect.
Moog have adopted a semi-modular approach. The colourful strips act as modules, despite being part of an all-in-one setup. Inspired by its modular synth ancestry, the Grandmother's sound engine, modulation engine and onboard spring reverb (yep, you read that right) are entirely analog. Add to the mix an intuitive arpeggiator and sequencer and numerous filter options, and you've got a compact synth powerhouse that'll deliver on every level!
A variety of patching options expands the sonic horizon even further. Use this to override internal connections and change the order of the Grandmother's components, potentially resulting in a truly weird and wonderful tonal palette. Finally, the Grandmother can be used as an analog audio processor for external sound sources, as well as a sequencer and keyboard front end for other compatible synths. The possibilities are limitless - go forth and play.
- Intuitive colour-coded interface
- Classic Moog design appointments; chunky controls, easy-to-use faders, clear labelling
- 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
- All-analog sound engine and modulation
- Built-in spring reverb tank; yes, it rattles!
- Optional patching for near-infinite sonic combinations
- External input for instruments
- 3 sequence patches to store your own patterns - up to 256 notes each!
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds
- 1/4” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more.
- Semi-modular - no patching is required
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
- Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
- 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs
- Oscillators based on Moog Minimoog
- Mixer based on Moog CP3
- Filter based on Moog 904
- Envelope Generator Based on Moog 911
- VCA Based on Moog 902
- Spring Reverb based on Moog 905
- Number of Keys
- CV Compatible
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Rob Hunns7th Jan 2022
Trusted Customer24th Jul 2021
Mr Nigel Day20th Jul 2021
Trusted Customer20th Mar 2021
Mr Luke Maxwell14th Feb 2021
Mr Zachary D'mitri Jackson6th Nov 2020
Mr Samuel Simmonds20th Sep 2020
Trusted Customer11th Jun 2020
Mr Jack Eden30th Apr 2020
Trusted Customer3rd Nov 2019
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable