Here's what Waldorf say about the CMP1:
Waldorf have waded into modular territory with their range of Eurorack modules. The CMP1 is their compressor module perfect for adding compression to your signal - whether it's extra punch in the mix or crushed transient mayhem, the CMP1's got you covered.
This isn't simply a compressor; because of its modular format, it can be tweaked and applied in unique ways. One of the more creative ways to use a compressor in a Eurorack setup is via side-chaining. With numerous CV/gate ins and outs and a dynamic balance control, the CMP1 can be used to contort and manipulate your signal to no end.
The interface boasts an intuitive, familiar set of parameters, including attack & release, automic and manual modes, hard and soft knee and output/bleed amount.
- True analogue high-end compressor
- Flexible side-chaining
- Control path based on controllable balance of side and main signal
- RMS and Peak modes
- Threshold and compression controllable from panel with additional CV-inputs
- Attack & Release in manual or automatic mode
- Hard- and soft-knee compression
- Bleeding control for mixing original signal to compressed output
- Overall gain control
- Separate output of detector signal for use as envelope follower
- Additional level control input for optional use as exponential VCA