Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
The Montage features a new Motion Control Synthesis Engine, that combines the AWM2 and FM-X Synthesis tone generators. Building on the success of the Motif, the Montage is even more powerful, with a wide range of sounds from 80's classics to truly cutting edge tone.
The Montage comes in 61 key and 76 key versions with a synth style action, or the option of a full 88 note fully weighted keybed.
FM-X Tone Generator
FM-X has its roots in the legendary DX-7 which is arguably the most powerful FM Synthesis engine of all time. You can find all those classic 80s sounds if you like, but the New FM-X engine has so much more power and functionality that you can take your FM synthesis to a whole new dimension of tone.
The AWM2 generator has had many years of development by Yamaha to get realistic representation of sounds. Montage offers a 128-fold polypony with 10 times the waveform capacity of the Motif XF. As a result the sounds are even more realistic and nuanced, for the most sensitive performance yet.
Redesigning Sound Manipulation
Montage has completely redesigned its range of controls so that manipulating your sounds is as intuitive as possible.
The new Super Knob can control one or a number of parameters at once in a wide variety of ways. If you want to completely mess with your sound in one single action, then the Super Knob is a great way to create amazing effects on the fly in a live situation as well as when messing around with different tones in the studio.
Envelope follower can use a audio signal as the source for dynamic control of parameters. For example, you can use a drum loop to control it's own effects in sync with its own beat. Or vocals can be added to a synth sound to create a vocoder style sound.
Motion sequences can be programmed so that you can manipulate a parameter in time with the global tempo to create a dynamic and interesting sound.
Extensive Sound Library
The Joy of having both the FM-X and AWM2 generators is that you get a massive range of high quality sounds as stock presets for you to take to live gigs and the studio; from the authentic rendition of real instruments to forward thinking synthesizer sounds.You get the sound of a Yamaha CFX premium grand piano for your go to piano sound, classic FM sounds from the Yamaha DX and TX series, as well as a wide range of keyboards orchestral instruments and more!
Montage OS V2.5
The latest update to the Montage operating system has brought new sound, control, and workflow enhancements - new features include:
- All original MOTIF XF performances as presets with Super Knob assignments and Audition demos
- DAW remote function allowing you to control Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic Pro, Ableton Live or Avid Pro Tools from the Montage front panel controls.
- Arepeggio record in the Montage onboard song recorder
- Control Assign Enhancements - shortcut for mapping the Assignable Knobs
- Waveform management enhancements - Waveform Keyboard Select and Waveform Center Note
- Panel Lock for preventing unwanted changes during live performances
- AWM2 Engine with 128-note polyphony (Stereo)
- FM-X Engine: 128-note polyphony, 8-Operators,
- 88-Algorithms, 7-Spectral Forms,
- Super Knob Control / Direct Control Assignment
- Motion Sequences and Scenes
- NEW Envelope Follower & Side Chain FX turn A/D
- input into control signal for live situations
- Dual Insert FX on all 16 Parts:
- 7” TFT Colour Touch Screen
- Live Set Organiser
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS)
- Integrated Flash Memory: 1.75GB
- Balanced Outputs