Akai Professional's MPK controller keyboards have become the go to keyboards for most professional MIDI rigs.The MPK261 brings you new RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads to the superb action of its aftertouch-enabled 61-note keybed. With features such as the MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and an arpeggiator for complex rhythmic and melodic manipulation you have more control than ever! With its assignable faders, buttons, and encoders (eight each), 16 performance pads, transport controls, LCD screen, and USB/iOS modes, the MPK261 makes it easy to do the simple things well.
Included with the MPK261 is a free download for Akai Pro VIP 3.0 which will enhance your music making with an impressive array of easily searchable virtual instruments and pairs effortlessly with the MPK261 for an intuitive workflow. VIP is capable of impressive tone manipulation as up to 8 instruments and patches can be layered per VIP instance and 4 VST effects can be applied per instrument for rich, intricate sound sculpting. VIP is loaded with features that you’ll find useful on the live stage and in the studio.
Akai Professional MPC Beats
Akai Professional are now offering that classic MPC beat-making workflow in a software format. Introducing MPC Beats! With both Simple and Advanced modes, MPC Beats has features to satisfy both beginner and experienced beat producers. The accessible interface, streamlined Simple mode, and the included templates make MPC Beats a great starting point for those looking to get into making beats. More experienced users will enjoy the over 80 audio FX plugins for warping, manipulating, and transforming audio, as well as the VST/AU compatibility for using third-party virtual instruments and audio plugins. You also get two stereo tracks for recording instruments or vocals.
MPC Beats comes free with this controller but is also free to download and use with any class-compliant USB MIDI controller regardless of brand. You can also expand the sample library in MPC Beats by purchasing expansion packs from premier sound designers.
- Specification: Detail
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Number of Performance Pads: 16
- Number of Encoders/Pots: 8
- Number of Sliders/Faders: 8
- Dedicated Transport Control: Yes
- Other Controllers: 8 x assignable buttons; mod, pitch wheels
- System Requirements Mac: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel recommended), 2GB RAM, OSX 10.5
- System Requirements PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible, 2GB RAM, Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP, Windows-compatible sound card
- Pedal Inputs: Sustain, Expression
- MIDI I/O Din in/out, USB, iOS
- USB: Yes
- Height: 3.38"
- Width: 35.63"
- Depth: 12.25"
- Weight: 15.1 lbs.
- Power Supply: USB Bus Powered
- Manufacturer Part Number: MPK261